Nico Williams

serghei

Zubimendi is my preferred option. Is probably going to fit in nicely from the get go. Rodri if he wants something new, but difficult to see it happening for good money and considering his age... not a long term solution.

Depends... his contract is up in 2027, and in 2026 he is gonna be 30. Also depends if in 2026 we will have a team ready to challenge for CL all the way to a potential title, if we do, he could be worth it.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Zubimendi is my preferred option. Is probably going to fit in nicely from the get go. Rodri if he wants something new, but difficult to see it happening for good money and considering his age... not a long term solution.

Depends... his contract is up in 2027, and in 2026 he is gonna be 30. Also depends if in 2026 we will have a team ready to challenge for CL all the way to a potential title, if we do, he could be worth it.

Hell might freeze over before Zubimendi leaves Real Sociedad lol.

DM will be kimmich or no one, imo.

Rumors he might renew actually.

I'm curious to see how Amadou Onana does at Aston Villa, but he might have been the one for Flick's system.

jamrock

Hell might freeze over before Zubimendi leaves Real Sociedad lol.

Rumors he might renew actually.

I'm curious to see how Amadou Onana does at Aston Villa, but he might have been the one for Flick's system.
He will cost an arm when led now, I would be surprised if we moved for him?

Gazzznigga

Zubimendi is so underrated.
I was curious to watch his matches when Xavi first wanted him 2 years ago and i was wondering if he would fit Barca.i watched a good number of La Real matches just to see if he was worth the noise

Zubimendi is more of a control/tempo moderator, a sort of player you need when you truly want a slow paced, dictative and organically build your attack in small pieces using your pivot, to impose your style on opponents, with short one-two passes (take a look at his actions and movements in the Euro final when he came on and his role in the winning goal to understand how he plays)...unlike Rodri and maybe Onana, who are one pass and move DMs suited for all action, combative style teams. Mendi is in the mould of the resurgent Xavi in the late 2000s ans early 2010s

If you ask me, its Zubimendi ahead of anyone of those mentioned. He is technically superior(may be less physical and imposing) and certainly more suited to La liga than Kimmich

Last edited:

M3ls

Kimmich is better simply as a dispatcher than as a DM. In addition, 30 years old and fat money appetites.

So, I don't blame the management for not taking a DM, because only Zubimendi was suitable, but he didn't want to leave the team.
We should not buy someone for the sake of buying someone.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Seeing him play today and the four matches with Bilbao post Euros we might have dodged a bullet.

I wasn't a fan in the first place but then warmed up to idea. Now I have no clue :lol:

I am very happy with Raphinha, and wouldn't trade him for Nico now. That much I am sure.

FinBarcelonafan

Seeing him play today and the four matches with Bilbao post Euros we might have dodged a bullet.

He looks like he partied the whole summer or enjoyed to the max. He looked visibly happy/relieved when subbed today. Check his face when subbed.

He will look better after few weeks of training/games. He lacks that last acceleration/speed he had in Euro. Lacks sharpness too.

I have to add though, the whole Athletic Club has looked sleepy. Valverde is skipping physical training again? They look OFF.

Don Juan Laporta Estruch

His lack of goals is worrying and I'm surprised it hasn't been talked about more. He has only scored 11 goals for Bilbao. Around 1 goal every 10 games. By anyone's standards, at any club, that's atrocious.

He should score more if he comes here, but it would need to be significantly more to be worth a 60m outlay. Does he have the quality to make the huge leap up to 15- 20 league goals a season? I'm not so sure.

Ideal tactic would be to keep an eye on him, but hope someone better pops up by the end of the season.

BJJ

His lack of goals is worrying and I'm surprised it hasn't been talked about more. He has only scored 11 goals for Bilbao. Around 1 goal every 10 games. By anyone's standards, at any club, that's atrocious.

He should score more if he comes here, but it would need to be significantly more to be worth a 60m outlay. Does he have the quality to make the huge leap up to 15- 20 league goals a season? I'm not so sure.

Ideal tactic would be to keep an eye on him, but hope someone better pops up by the end of the season.

I agree. That's my gripe too. A forward needs to score a decent amount of goals and Nico can be pretty wasteful at times.

Home of Barca Fans