Nico Williams

vegitot

He looks like he partied the whole summer or enjoyed to the max. He looked visibly happy/relieved when subbed today. Check his face when subbed.

He will look better after few weeks of training/games. He lacks that last acceleration/speed he had in Euro. Lacks sharpness too.

I have to add though, the whole Athletic Club has looked sleepy. Valverde is skipping physical training again? They look OFF.
Yeah. It seems he still not yet get over last season and Euro hangovers.

TheStig

I always said his decision to stay is more risky for him than the clubs that wanted him. He was good at Athletic but he never came close to the hype after the Euros and I wonder if he ever will. If he has some 4 goals + 4 asists kind of season many clubs will question if he's worth 60 mil and it's not impossible for him to have a season like that. Hope he does good and comes next season but it's far from certain.

khaled_a_d

He is still in summer hangover tbh.
He just won CDR with Bilbao (their first major trophy in 40 years) and a Euro with Spain at the age of 22.

He will return better.

Obviously, you never commit yourself to a player (or vice versa) for a whole year. We will see how it goes and move on from there.

Last edited:

mc_lovin

In retrospect getting Olmo looks like the better move with Raphina doing well on the left. I was angry for no reason, I admit my cluelessness :lol:

We will see how Nico does this season, but in principle he should still be target #1 next summer. Unless he drops a major stinker now or gets badly injured.

Andresito

Staff member
Still think that we'll sign him no matter what in 2025 unfortunately. Ideally we evaluate how he does this season and make a decision based on that, rather that he had a good Euros a year ago.

FCBfan22

I think the 3 of Nico, Lamine and Dani work together perfectly. Even Lamine and Dani have a connection which was evident with Spain and is immediately evident at Barca.

If we can add Nico, I think we will see the Spain version of him, thanks to his attacking teammates.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
I think we go back in for him before summer but I think there’s no question he should be a priority

But perhaps Laporta intends to go for Wirtz once the 1:1 is returned

khaled_a_d

Yeah, Wirtz is awesome but he is SS.
Maybe Musiala if he doesn't renew and we have funds. As he is more natural as LW who attacks the middle.

But we could be targeting a CF or CDM, and delay LW for another year.

Andresito

Staff member
Getting Musiala for less than 100m would be incredible business. If he's available he'll be able to pick from any club in the world I would guess.

Think he'll renew though and become best paid player at club.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
I didn't follow the whole saga with his contract etc - wasn't his buyout raised or something?

Home of Barca Fans