Nico Williams

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Wirtz doesn't make much sense with Olmo already here.

Perhaps but Wirtz is a verstaile attacking midfielder either playing as inverted winger, or even deployed deeper as a playmaker rather than Olmo who is a more direct playmaker in the final third

Also dependent on Pedri & Gavi's development. Wirtz we know fancies Barca while Musiala will hardly be an attainable player from Bayern despite his contract up in 2026

On balance I'd take Musiala too but City and everyone else will be after him and if Nico is happening then LW will be settled

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
When you think about it I don’t think there is a single LW that scores 15-20 league goals that is available to us.

This generation of footballers forgot how to shoot apparently.

Musiala is a pipe dream. City are not getting him either.

jamrock

Olmo can play deeper if needed, Spain/barca don't really produce pure A.M.

The ones that are, generally are top class.

Guille, would be the first true A.M we produce and he will need to add more to his game to make it here.

Gazzznigga

Lol....suddenly, the messiah, Nico, is now disparaged here, just because he refused to come to Barcathis season.

Now, there are flaws in his skillset just being seen....a blaspemy just a few months ago.

Lol...Barcaforum!!! A comedy relief!

Last edited:

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Lol....suddenly, the messiah, Nico, is now disparaged here, just because he refused to come to Barcathis season.

Now, there are flaws in his skillset are being seen....a blaspemy just a few months ago.

He didn't refuse. We couldn't guarantee his registration.

MontenegrinCuler

Shitty ass performance vs Serbia. Probably mentally affected by the intense gaslighting of his Euros performance. He surely can do more but still isn't the player Lamine is. Even now at 17 Lamine is better can't even think of what the gap between them will be in a few years. So I do expect Lamine to be the sole leader of Spanish rep in the coming years in that case, not the Nico-Lamine duo as previously predicted.

Gazzznigga

Shitty ass performance vs Serbia. Probably mentally affected by the intense gaslighting of his Euros performance. He surely can do more but still isn't the player Lamine is. Even now at 17 Lamine is better can't even think of what the gap between them will be in a few years. So I do expect Lamine to be the sole leader of Spanish rep in the coming years in that case, not the Nico-Lamine duo as previously predicted.
...oh really!. I read here where some said the duo were msde for esch other and both will carry Barca for decades.....

What changed suddenly?

Gazzznigga

Different people, different cases.
Lol.....Its obvious the version of the news you chose to believe, for convinience reasons.

Even after Nico himself came out recently to state that he was sure of what he wanted from day 1.....to remain at Bilbao for another year.

Keep on...

FCMessi

Now, there are flaws in his skillset just being seen....a blaspemy just a few months ago.

It's more of the barcaforum investors being spooked about NW's first 5 games of the season.

not too many would give a shit about the previous transfer episode if NW is dominating the LW right now.

then again playing on Bilbao's LW, RM's LW or Barca's LW/RW are not good comparisons.

Spain's LW is more comparable to that of RM or Barca, then again there has only been 1 game so far this season for NW.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
Different people, different cases.
Exactly - we needed to offload Gundo because he was on a huge wage, but we also needed to replace Gundo with a CAM and the thought all along was getting Olmo and even fitting Olmo in our FFP was tight so Nico was unfortunately unattainable this summer. Doesn't matter if he wanted to stay or come, it seems we prioritized Olmo. NOW, if Nico doesn't play well this season we might have dodged a bullet - we can't be unlucky on the transfer market all the time lol.
Now let's see how our midfielders heal up and play, let's see how Lewa holds up, let's see how Araujo comes back, etc and look at players that can improve us and make smart decisions for LW backup, if we need an actual DM, if we go big for a striker etc and keep following what we already have in Atletic/Juvenile A and who we should and can offload. We need to be smarter...

MontenegrinCuler

Not really a fan of carbonated drinks, but if I had to chose I would go for Bradley's Bar Cola any day.

Shame the financial timing was off for us.
Same
The only problem being PSG is not short of money and as usual they think Barcola is the second coming of Mbappe so would probably price him at above 100M
In which case I would not go after him

Home of Barca Fans