Nico Williams

Gazzznigga

Exactly - we needed to offload Gundo because he was on a huge wage, but we also needed to replace Gundo with a CAM and the thought all along was getting Olmo and even fitting Olmo in our FFP was tight so Nico was unfortunately unattainable this summer. Doesn't matter if he wanted to stay or come, it seems we prioritized Olmo. NOW, if Nico doesn't play well this season we might have dodged a bullet - we can't be unlucky on the transfer market all the time lol.
Now let's see how our midfielders heal up and play, let's see how Lewa holds up, let's see how Araujo comes back, etc and look at players that can improve us and make smart decisions for LW backup, if we need an actual DM, if we go big for a striker etc and keep following what we already have in Atletic/Juvenile A and who we should and can offload. We need to be smarter...
Lol...Amazing!

Gundo left on his own. If he refused to leave like others, no way Olmo would have been registered or able to be play. Would have been the dumbest transfer calculation in history. Never forced out!!

How people think Olmo gives better than Gundo is still bewildering. 10 out of 10 times, Gundo in his current form would be ahead of Olmo in any team. Gundo is more versatile, would have found a way to play any midlfield/attack role even if Olmo were forced onto the same team with him. Gundo was one of Barca's very few bright spots last season.

Too much balderdash here about Gundo leaving because he feared he will lose minutes to Olmo are gleaned from the nonsense put out there by Laporta and co to cover their failures, while Gundo had stated that he left when he saw the club needed help and he volunteered to help. If given the choice of who to believe more, it is obvious. One is known for being fortright and known for leadership against all odds while the other party has been caught many times for lack of integrity.

Truth should be closer to Barca board overreacting g by going for Olmo when it became apparent their priority was not willing to come. Olmo was never a first choice transfer, he was a plan B. I consider it a comedy when BF keyboard experts here come up with so much nonsense to justify the purchase of Olmo as if there was an ingenious plan behind it. Buying a player you could only register for half of a season after taking out salaries of injured players and so much help from players who volunteered to leave can never be a plan, talk more being a smart one. Especially if such entity is financially handicapped, it makes it more comical.

A club without the capability to register players chose to fritter funds away on a player inferior to the one they got for free, whose TCO was also lower, and then having to put aside salaries of some current players in order to register the new player for 3 month is a dumb financial and technical idea,anyway you look at it.

Last edited:

draconifire

NTC with a Positive attitude
As I said before, for Flick's system Raf >>>>>> Nico.
But Nico is a better prospect and a player. Was pointing out that while Nico is a terrific winger and a pure winger at that, but his ability in front of the Goal is not there, plus I don't think he is well suited to being an inverted winger.
I hope if we get him and it's under Flick, he can learn to overcome his one-dimensionality. Goals will come when he learns to invert more and try playing through the middle.
Him being in our club gives us more opportunities and is better for the future. The next coach will have quite a bit of flexibility when he's on the wings, given he learns.

Talking about the coach. I think we should go hell-bent on securing Xabi as our next coach after Flick. Honestly, I don't think there is anyone better than him right now. His game is pure football. Nico will suit him better.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Sure, Nico is not yet a prolific scorer but that‘s also why his buyout is where it is. Raphinha for sure, atm, starts over Nico in Flick’s team but equally we don’t have a player of Nico’s profile either that will be needed against teams that allow little space between the lines

Plus, I can only repeat the obvious - the synergy/chemistry between Nico & Lamine is going to define an era in football, get them on the same team ASAP

I‘d also strip the armband from FDJ and give it to the Brasilian, this seniority logic is BS

Gazzznigga

A lot here seem to have a myopic memory. This maybe very unpopular now due to aforementioned, but Nico is a superior player to Raphinha anyday of the year. Recent resurgence or goals irrespective.

There is nothing like fitting into a system more, coaches use what they have.....1 or 2 games and a couple of goals do not turn you to a Ronaldinho overnight. When a better player comes, he will be benched.

companyofcules

Kimmich is better simply as a dispatcher than as a DM. In addition, 30 years old and fat money appetites.

So, I don't blame the management for not taking a DM, because only Zubimendi was suitable, but he didn't want to leave the team.
We should not buy someone for the sake of buying someone.
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 God help us

companyofcules

You all low IQs failed to see Nico as a Bantu african runner is in it's prime. He has the legs but no tehnical ability other than speed and agility.
His prime is 5 goals and something assists.
That is worse than Alcacer, the new Dumbele.

And now you expect him to do what? Score 6 goals?
Musiala did nothing special up to his day. I failed to see his dribbling skills in any game or video. Yeah he is not Nico, has some skills but nothing close to Vinicius.
His real value is 60 mil, Nico is 15-20.

companyofcules

I don't know if Nico is dmart boy, but his family is.
He did the best thing for him.
He is very loved at At.
He has a good contract
Plays with his brother
Why go to Barcelona to get exposed? He has no quality for that and all the blind fools that promote him will turn 180 in 3 years at most and call him names, they will want the head of Laporta
Now having Flick as a coach who is less enthusiastic of tiki-taka taka is the only hope he will work at Barcelona, but not for long if you ask me.

MontenegrinCuler

You all low IQs failed to see Nico as a Bantu african runner is in it's prime. He has the legs but no tehnical ability other than speed and agility.
His prime is 5 goals and something assists.
That is worse than Alcacer, the new Dumbele.

And now you expect him to do what? Score 6 goals?
Musiala did nothing special up to his day. I failed to see his dribbling skills in any game or video. Yeah he is not Nico, has some skills but nothing close to Vinicius.
His real value is 60 mil, Nico is 15-20.
If you failed to see Musiala dribbling skills you're either blind or didn't watch a Bayern game since like 2020 :lol:
Undisputable best dribbler itw right now

Home of Barca Fans