Oriol Romeu (loaned to Girona)

IrvDizzle

Charlie Sheen's Protégé
so long as Rossel is putting in buy-back clauses I see no reason to be upset at Oriol (and Bojan) leaving the club. if the club had any sense, Cesc would have gotten a buy-back clause and we wouldn't be stressing/annoyed over his transfer saga.

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
Yeah but Cesc was never good enough to play for Barca until recently really, and the buyback clause would only have lasted 2 years, 3 max if you were lucky.

Aasim

Bumbleman
There wouldn't have been any buy back clause because we couldn't offer Cesc a pro contract at 16. Arsenal came in and swooped him away. It's not like we could have done anything more apart from persuade Cesc to stay.

KhaledBarca

Yeah but Cesc was never good enough to play for Barca until recently really, and the buyback clause would only have lasted 2 years, 3 max if you were lucky.

Cesc @ 16 was the Best player @ WC U-17 (2003)... (topscorer also, with 5 goals )
he won both Golden Ball & Golden Boot like Messi in 2005 (Wc U-20)!
he had it from the beginning!

Barcafan 2304

so long as Rossel is putting in buy-back clauses I see no reason to be upset at Oriol (and Bojan) leaving the club. if the club had any sense, Cesc would have gotten a buy-back clause and we wouldn't be stressing/annoyed over his transfer saga.

Would have saved this saga at least!

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
Yeah but he'd be a bench warmer, unless the club would have pushed Iniesta out wide to accommodate Cesc.

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
Why move the thread already? He hasn't signed with Chelsea yet!

Anyways, I think he did pretty bad vs Ecuador. No pace, passes giving the opposition extremely dangerous chances and clumsily tried to win the ball. He looked much, much better in the u19.

He did show of some quality, however, but his game was a disappointment overall. Hopefully it's just because of his long injury and that he's not match fit yet.

Home of Barca Fans