Oriol Romeu (loaned to Girona)

zanela

If in 2 years time he's the starting DM for Chelsea and also winning things with them, I doubt he'd like to return to be Busi's backup. And if we all stop being selfish for a moment, he'd be better of at a place that offers him regular games. The boy is first team material.

Like BB said, chelsea could also use him sparingly to see off the buy back clause. Either way, his chances of homecoming is slim.

Phatroonaldo

When the likes of Henderson are being sold for 16-20 million, what makes people think we won't spend 10 million just for the experience he'll get by playing in PL.

My obvious guess is Pep will buy him back just to play him in the CB role.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
If in 2 years time he's the starting DM for Chelsea and also winning things with them, I doubt he'd like to return to be Busi's backup. And if we all stop being selfish for a moment, he'd be better of at a place that offers him regular games. The boy is first team material.

Like BB said, chelsea could also use him sparingly to see off the buy back clause. Either way, his chances of homecoming is slim.

Mascherano is a first team material... He came to us. So is Alexis, so is Fabregas and so is Ibi
If we do come to the point where the boy really impressed the coach and we decide to bid for him, I don't think he will refuse to come... Chelsea winning or not. Only we need to still be a winning machine

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
If Mascherano is considered a full time central back then there's still chance for Romeu to come back. Keita isn't suited for a DM role and he's not getting any younger.

IrvDizzle

Charlie Sheen's Protégé
I fully expect Oriol to be back at FCB in two years time, irrespective of how many games he plays at Chelsea. the club knows he's class, but they've learned (the hard way with Sadbrows) that too much time on the bench will stunt growth. He'll get valuable PT on Chelsea, and the club can get him back stronger and smarter without too much EPL stink on him.

oh ... and I rate Keita higher than Cesc.

Daemul

previously known as Jonathan28
I fully expect Oriol to be back at FCB in two years time, irrespective of how many games he plays at Chelsea. the club knows he's class, but they've learned (the hard way with Sadbrows) that too much time on the bench will stunt growth. He'll get valuable PT on Chelsea, and the club can get him back stronger and smarter without too much EPL stink on him.

View attachment 3748

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!

I am finding it hard to accept that statement in bold. If that's the entire story we'd have sent him to a club where he gets regular playing time, where it's a given that youngsters development is the priority. Chelsea ain't both

It's just that we couldn't refuse the offer made by them. But the club just didn't want to take a chance(like in Fabregas' case) hence the buy back clause. Rosell said it himself, he'll sell the youngsters(because we need money and we can't provide the opportunities for every body) but we'll include the buy back clause

zanela

Mascherano is a first team material... He came to us. So is Alexis, so is Fabregas and so is Ibi
If we do come to the point where the boy really impressed the coach and we decide to bid for him, I don't think he will refuse to come... Chelsea winning or not. Only we need to still be a winning machine

Mascherano moved for family reasons. Hence the fin. compromise from his end. He also saw no threat to his starting place for Argentina by accepting a squad role here. It has worked for him, mostly.

Cesc was disillusioned and wanted a move back to further his career. If Arsenal weren't such failure in his time there, his transfer would be delayed or not materialised even. La Masia would 've provided us. But now that he's here, he'll cement a starting place soon enough. Xavi(given his age and fitness) 'll be used conservatively.
Alexis takes Villa's place. Ibi's future, unfortunately, doesn't belong here.
In short, Alexis, Cesc 'll be regulars in the near future while Masch is just happy keeping his wife happy.

Romeu's case is diff. Busi has the DM spot locked for years to come. Romeu with his talent might 've to play second fiddle for most of his career. Would that be fair for a young lad? He has expressed his desire to return, but anything can happen between now and then. Anyway, its all conjecture at this point.
Let's hope he fulfills his potential first. :p

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
Cesc was disillusioned and wanted a move back to further his career. If Arsenal weren't such failure in his time there, his transfer would be delayed or not materialised even.

incorrect.

he never showed any desire to leave because we never showed any intention to buy him back.

as soon as we did, he started agitating for a move.

if Arsenal were successful the transfer would have been smoother, because they would have been in a better position to bring in a replacement.

Home of Barca Fans