Oriol Romeu (loaned to Girona)

bombayblue™

Fourteen and Hutch..
Has he been getting any more match time at Chelsea recently? After the cup Fulham game i mean

Hope he forces his way into the reckoning. From our POV, it is a waste of time if he has just gone there to play in the reserves

Despite his quality he will be used sparingly, we are all too aware of the buy back clause and we'd obviously want it to make it look like Barca taking him back would be more of a formality to get a catalan back.

He played 20min this weekend. Made some good interceptions/ tackles and held his ground pretty well when he was up against Fellaini.

Every time I watch this kid play I am worried about the buy back clause.

bombayblue™

Fourteen and Hutch..
Still, good money for Chelsea if/when it happens
We hardly need the money, do we now? Even with FFP, 5-10mill Euros won't make much of a difference. What his return back to Barcelona means is wasted time which could have been used to help some other prospect like Clifford/Chalobah.

Barcafan 2304

Nah, you probably don't but my point was, you will get something in rreturn for this transaction and it's hardly a lose-lose situation for Chelsea

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Well first he has to break through to Chelsea's first team and make an impact. I suspect if he is successful, they could do a deal with barca in return for something or other regarding maybe another player, who knows. It also depends on the player.

bombayblue™

Fourteen and Hutch..
A stat on Romeu from twitter: Oriol Romeu was awesome: 96.7% (89/92) passing, 5 tackles, and 5 pass interceptions. He was 18/18 in attacking third passes.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Saw that yesterday, impressive stuff from the youngster. Don't play him too much though as Barca could buy him back ;)

ZeeMessi

We'll have to secretely tell him to drop off the pace a few months before his buy-back time comes around if he continues playing like he did against Genk!

Home of Barca Fans