Oriol Romeu (loaned to Girona)

J

Juan Mata

Yeah, that's not how I recall it being structured but could it be true?

I think the deal is that if you come knocking we have the option to refuse, But if we agree to sell Romeu to another team you can match the offer and it has to be accepted.

I'd be suprised if he wanted to move back in fairness. We gave him his big chance, and you already have enough world class midfielders. If in 3 years he's a nailed down starting in a great Chelsea team (The team AVB is building), with the option to go back to Barcelona and compete for the place, I'd be confident he'd stay.

He's a fantastic midfielder. His passing is brilliant, great defensively, and compliments the midfielders around him.

Theconomist

I doubt this is true.Romeu was sent to chelsea to get more experience.He wasn't really sold.
What has he signed a 4 year contract?
We'll just get him when he's 24.
Fabregas MK 2
Busquests will be 27 and reaching his peak,Masch will be 32.

bombayblue™

Fourteen and Hutch..
I doubt this is true.Romeu was sent to chelsea to get more experience.He wasn't really sold.
What has he signed a 4 year contract?
We'll just get him when he's 24.
Fabregas MK 2
Busquests will be 27 and reaching his peak,Masch will be 32.
The very reason why he wouldn't be inclined to move. Unlike Cesc, who can fill up a variety of positions, Romeu will be competing directly against Busquets for only 1 position.

Trickykid

bombayblue™;708385 said:
The very reason why he wouldn't be inclined to move. Unlike Cesc, who can fill up a variety of positions, Romeu will be competing directly against Busquets for only 1 position.

Yeah, unless Busi has been moved farther upfield where Xavi plays now, or even to the back. Who the fuck knows what the team looks like and who plays in 4 years?

Anyhow, I don't care a lot about Romeu and whether he'll be coming back or not. Busi is a god damn boss and the lanky bastard will be sending the Chelseas and Merengues crashing out of CL for years to come.
For all I care, we should be doing some charity work and helping a struggling old timer team like Chelsea out. Fuck knows they are in dire need of a helping hand at the Bridge.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
I see contract terms included a buyback option for Barça at €10 million in 2012 and then €15 in 2013...Sounds like AVB rubbish

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
It's on SkySports too so it has to be true, they don't post bullshit like that from what I know.

Plus, I doubt Romeu would want to leave after 2 years, like I said, he should do a Cesc and leave in his mid 20's earliest, if he's to go back to Barcelona from us that is.

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
I'm serious... Sites like Soccernet, SkySports and The Guardian always post real quotes and credible stories when it comes to this kinda stuff. Just cause it's and English paper doesn't mean its automatically bullshit.

zealot

I'm serious... Sites like Soccernet, SkySports and The Guardian always post real quotes and credible stories when it comes to this kinda stuff. Just cause it's and English paper doesn't mean its automatically bullshit.

I'm confused now. So is there any buy back clause in the deal included? If it is included, how can Chelsea refuse any deal?

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
Yeah it is a bit confusing, I thought it'd be more along the lines of he has the choice or whatnot, not if Chelsea decide to sell. I mean, if Chelsea decided to sell him cause he's not good enough then why would Barca want him? :lol:

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Every player of any value to the club this season has been 'sold' with some form of a buyback...I doubt very much that Romeu's move to Chelsea failed to include one when it was reported to have it at the time

And if nothing else, Cesc's situation merely underscored how foolish it is to believe a Catalan born & bred at the club doesn't want a return...Romeu will be back

Home of Barca Fans