Oriol Romeu (loaned to Girona)

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
great to see him playing so well.

I read AVB wants Sergi Roberto too. we'll haveta keep an eye out for that, coz Pep really likes him, so I dunno if he'll wanna sell him.

X

xaviniesta

so is he a regular now? he has started the last 3-4 games now.

Jenks

Was immense last night, his best performance yet. And also the best opposition yet.

Same for many of the players, mainly because AVB completely changed the system and reverted back to the way Chelsea had set up before he got there. There was little chance or Terry or Romeu getting exposed for pace because Chelsea sat so deep. It will be interesting to see how AVB sets up in the league after this performance.

LaMessiah

Because his main strength is being big and strong and breaking up play. He's much more of a defensive midfielder than a holding player, the former being a style Barca don't really use.
but with his touch, passing and vision he can still provide what barca want and need in the dm plus giving them the extra bonus of brute strength. i think they'd be foolish not to try and get him back at some point. i just wonder if he decides to stay at chelsea

zanela

I want him to assert himself more in to the game. Be more decisive and prompt on the follow-ons of the original challenge. His touch and decision-making lets him down in this regard. While it's not really a requisite for a DM to be influential in the attacking third. I've noticed his crossing and shooting is extremely poor. When he does find himself in good positions, it would help his team and his overall game if he could display precision and improve his forward play.

It's safe to say Romeu's chelsea stay now depends on AVB's term at stamford bridge. AVB appears to be a big admirer and advocate of romeu's talent, and rumoured to be since his porto days. It is believed he personally requested Pep for his signing. Now having signed him and instilling much faith in the kid (not afraid to start him in crucial fixtures over the more experienced lot and in succession) if Romeu continues to progress and become the player we all know he can, the boy 'll feel obliged to stay back for the manager if not anything else. Besides if he becomes a starter, he won't return to be a second choice. Yeh, i know Cesc came back, but he has/had the assurance he'll be become the mainstay in the near future. while Romeu's position here is taken by a better player who has tht position locked down for years to come.

B

Blue_Celery

Champion, probably our best player after Drogba last night. Mikel is done.

Bizarre post. He did well last night but he still left our team exposed at times in the 2nd half it's why AVB brought on Mikel to shore things up.

Been a lurker on this forum for a while and your criticism of Mikel is ridiculous. He's alot better than you give him credit for.

Last edited:

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
Bizarre post. He did well last night but he still left our team exposed at times in the 2nd half it's why AVB brought on Mikel to shore things up.

Been a lurker on this forum for a while and your criticism of Mikel is ridiculous. He's alot better than you give him credit for.
I've defended the hell out of Mikel for fucking yonks, I thought he was going to end up fantastic, instead he's stagnated big time for years and tbh we really need somebody better. I pray Oriol doesn't stagnate as bad as Mikel, who was given more than enough chances and he just doesn't cut it IMO. It's our fault too for turning a natural AM into a DM. He'd be good in a double pivot though.

LaMessiah

mikel is garbage, everyone knows this

Home of Barca Fans