Oriol Romeu (loaned to Girona)

Temptation

Funny you're laughing at us when you've won one league title in the past thirty plus years 🤣

You thick?

I'm laughing coz Barca are too big a club to sign Southampton cast-offs.

If I didn't laugh that'd normalise Barca getting this sort of player and be a strange thing.

Me laughing is the normal thing to do.

BJJ

You thick?

I'm laughing coz Barca are too big a club to sign Southampton cast-offs.

If I didn't laugh that'd normalise Barca getting this sort of player and be a strange thing.

Me laughing is the normal thing to do.
Apologies mate.
It is pretty obvious why we're going for an old reject.
Bad planning and stone cold broke.

khaled_a_d

Let's be clear with few things, first the obvious one that he is an underwhelming choice.

Second, he isn't a Southampton reject, he started 201 EPL for them and played 239 EPL total in 7 seasons there. Considering injuries and suspensions he was absolutely a starter there.
He moved out when he was 31 and they had decent offer while having an 18 years old highly rated replacement. A classic change of guard opportunity. Ironically they got relegated in the first season without him (I know it wasn't due to him moving out).

He had a great season back home in Catalonia too.
He is simply a solid starter for a bottlom half of the table team in the top leagues.

Barca is looking him as a stop gap, one that feels that nepotism plays a part of it, as I doubt we will ever consider him seriously if he wasn't La Masia graduate. Deco isn't a fan but market sucks.

As for planning, it was far from ideal for sure.
With that being said, I have to wonder which DM did we fail to sign last year? Aside from the "hidden gem" type like Enzo whom every other top club missed on, I am not sure who we should have targeted?
Club is not convinced with Amrabat and Neves, both were affordable options this summer, tried to get Brozovic and got outbid by Saudi, whom no one planned the transfer window counting them.
Would say not getting Andre Santos was biggest blunder tbh.

Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool, Bayern, Atletico, PSG were/are all in the market for CDM, this fucked up the prices and opportunities.

Right now the best bet is to get some stop gap (would prefer a loan) and go for CDM with our whole transfer budget next summer. Hope someone emerges or go for Zubimendi.

Last edited:

jamrock

This DM situation, is like the Magical RB, someone wanted us to sign last summer, but none could name.

Certain individuals will always find holes in everything Laporta does.

We lost Busquets and replaced him with Romeu and Gundogan?, That's an absolutely big improvement in our midfield None can Argue differently.

As it relates to planning, they clearly had plans, they tried to send Fati to wolves for neves plus cash, wether you like him or not isn't relevant and wanted to move for zubi & Brozovic, but when you need to sell before you buy, things will go slowly and you'll miss out on a few targets.

All the players we are willing to sell are Average as fuck and no one will make moves for them until the market is winding down and they have few options left.

Who the Hell is going to have Torres, dest, lenglet as their first options to make moves for in the summer.

Once we get a few sales going, we'll be able to get some transfers in, it's a pity it will happen after brozovic is out the picture but that's life.

But Gundogan, Romeu is a big+ as busquets replacement.

Roque, Martinez, Gundogan, Romeu+RB, is a good summer.

Temptation

This DM situation, is like the Magical RB, someone wanted us to sign last summer, but none could name.

Certain individuals will always find holes in everything Laporta does.

We lost Busquets and replaced him with Romeu and Gundogan?, That's an absolutely big improvement in our midfield None can Argue differently.

As it relates to planning, they clearly had plans, they tried to send Fati to wolves for neves plus cash, wether you like him or not isn't relevant and wanted to move for zubi & Brozovic, but when you need to sell before you buy, things will go slowly and you'll miss out on a few targets.

All the players we are willing to sell are Average as fuck and no one will make moves for them until the market is winding down and they have few options left.

Who the Hell is going to have Torres, dest, lenglet as their first options to make moves for in the summer.

Once we get a few sales going, we'll be able to get some transfers in, it's a pity it will happen after brozovic is out the picture but that's life.

But Gundogan, Romeu is a big+ as busquets replacement.

Roque, Martinez, Gundogan, Romeu+RB, is a good summer.

The short term answer was Brozovic.

We can just rotate De Jong and Gundogan as last option because we don't have money. Rather than spending 10 milions or so, for this guy. Fuck it all, don't buy desperately and spend money for players that not have future.

Messi983

Don't get complaints.

6m+ loan of Nico/Estanis and a 2 year cheap contract (he's reportedly on 2,6m gross in Girona so shouldn't get much more here) wouldn't be bad.

Not a starter but would play quite a lot this season and then be a backup when hopefully can get a longterm DM solution next year.

Brozo would also cost us 2-3 times more.

Romeu around 5-6m (3m amortization + 3m wages)
Brozo around 15m (7m amortization + 8m wages)

Porque

Don't mind the signing given we fucked up last year. Sure Amrabat is still the better choice but we have no financial muscle this market.

Only thing about Romeu that will cost his in big games is he is way too slow (like Busquets speed with less mobility to pivot) and his passing is basic as fck.

But that's what 5m gets you.

By end of season Gavi, Gundy, Frenkie and Pedri will be our quartet in one way or another.

M3ls

I prefer Romeu over Brozovic in terms of the Barcelona gaming system contest. And anyone who understands football will agree with me.

Home of Barca Fans