Oriol Romeu (loaned to Girona)

iniestaGOAT

Another trash player just like Julian Araujo. We are f... idiots if we sign this 31y old Getafe level player. I sometimes wonder if Spanish citizenship is the one and only criterion for Xavi and Co. It's interesting that we didn't have 23 mil for Broz. However, we don't have any problem to burn 14 mil EUR for trash players like Araujo and Romeu. Stupidity is really strong within this club. On top of that, no one even considers Nico as a viable solution but 31y old guy from Girona for sure is the answer for our problems. :facepalm:

Well then how about you donate 70m so they can go buy German kimmich

BJJ

I honestly am so disappointed with this transfer.
Pure amateur move. Desperation written all over it.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Yet another 32 y.o. Will have no re-sale value. Aside from the fact he is not Barca quality.

M3ls

So, what is the most scarce commodity in the football market? Football with high intelligence. A player playing in position 6 in the Barcelona system must not only be technically good, but also smart. Yes, technically Romeu is not Busquets, but I know this guy is smart. He reads a lot, is fond of psychology and philosophy. Besides, we don't have any other options. Bayern won't sell Kimmich, Zubimendi wants to stay at RS. Romeu is an intermediate option, as soon as a decent and affordable option appears on the market, we will follow it.

Saladin

Romeu makes so much sense from a pragmatic POV. We have so much talent in midfield in terms of holding possession, creativity and offensive focus, that his sole purpose is actually all the things he does fairly well - blocking, intercepting, anticipating, supporting and bringing physicality and intelligent positioning - the fact that he knows both the club and league is also a big plus.

His age is not the best, but for an interim DM, this deal is by far the worst option. Might be the best, time will tell.

soul24rage

If he was free, then he would be a decent stop gap option under the right contract length.

But the fact that we have to pay for him, is an automatic pass for me.

vuji_31

I remember watching game against Girona, he was decent.

I belive he will suprise many, he will not be prime Busi but he will not be Ferret or Garcia.

I belive his passing will be on point, he is not fast, but neither was Busi, so we will not have to big decline, because Busi was really washed up.

BJJ

😂, he is going to get lit up like a candle in the Cl. Mark my words. As soon as we face decent opposition in CL he will be exposed. Cl is a different animal compared to la liga. Facing scrubs week in week out doesn't compare with the intensity of the cl.

BJJ

Why is Barca signing a Southampton reject? :lol:

La Liga is in shambles.
Thank Tebas and UEFA. Yes,Barto screwed us but with la liga financial restrictions and UEFA allowing the gulf states and others to enter the market the league is doomed.
The sooner we get out of la liga the better. Tebas just wants to turn it into the Bliga with Real winning all the time.

Home of Barca Fans