Oriol Romeu (loaned to Girona)

M3ls

I said even before signing him, when we were actively interested in Brozovic, that I put Romeu above Brozovic in terms of Barcelona's game concept.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
I said even before signing him, when we were actively interested in Brozovic, that I put Romeu above Brozovic in terms of Barcelona's game concept.
What concept is that under Xavi? Brozović the silver and bronze WC medalist and captain of CL finalist. Instrumental in both teams versus Girona DM.

Now I am getting more confident in Romeu plugging holes in our game but let's not get overboard.

M3ls

Homeless people laughed when I said that I put this guy above Brozovich.

Dumb fans, 99.99% of them don't understand football, don't feel, don't analyze football like me.

I know it's preseason, but I can already see good play UNDER pressure and positioning.

In tactical terms, he is already better than De Jong, who has not mastered the basics of positional football in 4 years. But Romeu from La Masia.

Andresito

Staff member
Has been very good. But I feel he's a ticking bomb ready to go off and be totally outclassed by a top team in a game that masters.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Has been very good. But I feel he's a ticking bomb ready to go off and be totally outclassed by a top team in a game that masters.
I don't think his technique is bad enough for that to happen. If he drops a stinker, it will be when the entire team does.

JamDav1982

He struggles to move.

Was decent on ball but caught out of position and ball passed round him a lot.

Needs to be Gundo or Pedri deeper with FDJ and the pace/energy lads more time up top.

jamrock

He's not better than brozovich, but he'll do great for us.

Fans where whining all of last season, why didn't we sign a DM, we sign one and they still complain.

For multiple reasons the club wasn't about to get their #1 option, he wanted to stay in RS, sales weren't happening fast enough, they pivoted and got someone else, who will do very well for us.

I'm good with this signing.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

Nah fans didnt just want any DM.

Romeu will be ok but he is slow and team were better when had more energy after he went off.

Home of Barca Fans