Oriol Romeu (loaned to Girona)

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Loan to a mid table EPL club would be awesome... It will help him bulk up and make him tougher. A loan till the end of season, if he does good during this time there will be offers even for the next season. When he is quite ready we can always ship out the Masch!! I'd prefer Villa because they are doing very good in developing some of their youngsters this season

@Bojan
IMO Senna wouldn't have been that good a move. I mean do you really think Senna has legs left to make it at our club for 2 or more years by the time when Romeu gets ready? Although instead of Masch I would have preferred Alou Diarra

Trequartista

The good
He doensnt need the to bulk up,he is already very strong,win a lot of balls in the air and he is awesome defensively,he needs to improve his passing,vision,positional awareness so why move him to EPL where 80% of matches are played with no build up,its a loan for a La Liga team and now its not the best time to do that deal
as for The Mascherano-Senna-Diarra debate,we got a world class defensive midfielder for 20 so it was a good deal,Busquets will be always our first choice,if Mascherano will be happy to do the seeond role forever,I will be happy but he will sure get bored and move to another team in 2 years max,and I think that was the the plan for Oriol,Senna could have been an awful choice for me,Alou?maybe!

10Rivaldo

Hoy, mañana y siempre traductor
He doensnt need the to bulk up,he is already very strong,win a lot of balls in the air and he is awesome defensively,he needs to improve his passing,vision,positional awareness so why move him to EPL where 80% of matches are played with no build up,its a loan for a La Liga team and now its not the best time to do that deal

Agree with Mido.

I would have to force myself to watch those boring EPL games...no thanks.

iookram

EPL means we can watch him regularly on TV ;)

Would have to be a team with a decent style though. And there are hardly any mid-table teams that are suitable. Perhaps Aston Villa? Romeu-Petrov in the middle with Albrighton(1 of my fave young wingers) and Downing out wide.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Yeah, barcastuff on twitter reporting that Pep has agreed for Romeu to go on loan - probably to a Premiership side, for the rest of the season

Blackburn & Aston Villa are mentioned possibilities

I'm good with this so long as he goes out on loan with some sort of playing clause...Premiership sides aren't known for playing youngsters and not much to be gained by sitting on the bench in England...Just ask Crosas

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Bad news. Players that we loan out have a tendency to never come back.

Very true but this may be part of a new policy to get players more experience rather than sending them off to playing purgatory...Gotta believe Romeu is rated with a good future at the club

Koma

Yeah but Romeu is more Mascherano type of player, so we could see him replacing the Argentinean in near future.

barcetia

Mikrofonkåt
Bad news. Players that we loan out have a tendency to never come back.
I think it's because of the club really. We hardly let anyone out on loan. Would it not be wiser to send players like Jeffren or Bojan out and buy old players as their replacements while they are out? Instead of leaving them on the bench. This creates an awkward atmosphere to the players that are being sent out, they feel like they're not needed etc..

if we compare with man united, where welbeck is loaned out, de laet is loaned out and j. king also loaned out. we should do the same imo..

Home of Barca Fans