Oriol Romeu (loaned to Girona)

Aasim

Bumbleman
I'd rather he stay and develop here until he's ready for first team football. Then if he can't get any first team football, send him on loan.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
I would've loaned him out...I get the need to let players stay within the Barca system but first team football for players like Romeu will accelerate their learning curve with a deep & talented first team ahead of them...Don't need more cases of a Bojan occurring, IMO

Aasim

Bumbleman
Bojan was introduced too early. You don't want to do the same with Romeu and throw him into a new system and team that he needs to adjust to at an age where he needs to be blooded into top flight football. It's best to wait and see how well he develops. If he does well, then we should keep him. If he doesn't then we can look to loan him to a club like Sporting who will have the patience to slowly flower him into the starting line up.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
I don't like the idea of a loan outside Spain. While Sporting is a nice club I'd rather have him play in Primera where Pep can keep an eye.
Zubi should seriously consider a partnership with some mid-table La Liga team. Would make loaning our prospects much easier.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
I don't like the idea of a loan outside Spain. While Sporting is a nice club I'd rather have him play in Primera where Pep can keep an eye.
Zubi should seriously consider a partnership with some mid-table La Liga team. Would make loaning our prospects much easier.

I think we are on that way with our own Sporting

Hellsangel

Benfica are interested in signing Barcelona B defensive midfielder Oriol Romeu (19) on loan and have made the first contacts. [record]

Plip

Cardenal de Catalunya
Get The Fuck Out Benfica... We know what you did to Keirrison:angry:

If something comes out of it, I'd rather Romeu's agent & the club insert a clause of minimum playing time or something of that sort. No point of sending youngsters to teams where they're playing time would decrease substantially from what it is at Barça B.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
I can't see any reason why Chelsea would include a buy-back clause when they are actually paying 5m in the first place

kevinsilvs

Sounds kinda stupid.... I mean, is he Essien replacement? and who'll be the Defensive midfielder in the B-team with Masó and Romeu gone. Oriol better play...

Home of Barca Fans