Oscar dos Santos Emboaba Júnior

DrPepper

He's clearly extremely talented but the fact that he's so versatile and tactically aware will ruin his career. He was being talked up as the best young AM in the World, scored 5 Champions League goals in his first season and was the main man for Brazil under Menezes but since Mourinho came he's reached nowhere near that level.

I'm not sure Mourinho is the best manager to further his development as a footballer. Joining Arsenal would have been the better move. I'm struggling to think of a footballer that has progressed technically under him, mentally or tactically is a different matter altogether.

That's nearly never the better move.

CuleLife4Life

Say what you want about Wenger as a manager but his record as a youth developer is far superior to Mourinho.

Wenger needs to be on his way out of Arsenal for them to succeed. Yes he has done great with youth talent but even that can't save him now. Arsenal are a team who have it all to win the league besides a manager.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Arsenal should definitely appoint Klopp if he's available next season, seeing that he's made it known that he'd like to manage in England in the future.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Let Wenger ruin Arsenal for a few more years so Pep can take over later and take them to a PL title so people stop bitching about that he is overrated, useless and all that.

Morten

Asenal crisis is overrated imo, Arsenal will pick up form again and secure a 3rd or 4th place, as they always do.

Alik

Asenal crisis is overrated imo, Arsenal will pick up form again and secure a 3rd or 4th place, as they always do.
This has been their lowest point tally at this stage of the league in over 32 years.

It's been getting tougher for them to secure 4th. I won't be surprised if they fail to this season.

DrPepper

Say what you want about Wenger as a manager but his record as a youth developer is far superior to Mourinho.

Who did he develop in the last few years who also became world class?

With Mourinho I could say Varane but with Wenger I don't know. Wilshere hasn't been getting any better since 2010.

L

linetty

How has he been doing this season? Haven't heard much about him.
Hot and cold. Honestly it's really hard to judge him as I don't think he ever really stands out, I'd say he's a bit quiet on the pitch, I think he tends to go missing for a major part of the match.

Not the player I'd want in my team- that I'm sure of.

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
Yeah, inconsistent. When he's good he can destroy teams, but in a very non-flashy way, he doesn't really stand out.

DrPepper

I don't think his job is to stand out though. He's there to provide balance to the team and does this very well. Extremely intelligent tactically, really the player you'd want in your team.

Except for a so-so start to the season, he's been very good. Due to the way he plays he's probably given less credit and attention than he deserves. Definitely the best AM in the BPL with Silva.

Alik

I haven't watched him in Chelsea for ages, but he always seemed talented to me. Was one of the only people doing anything for Brazil in the world cup other than Neymar.

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
Oh yeah I never said he didn't do his job well, both him and Willian and unheralded in a way. Willian could do with more end product and Oscar with a little more consistency but they are both great at what they do.

Home of Barca Fans