Oscar dos Santos Emboaba Júnior

BarcaOG

Banned
While I understand why such sums of money tempt players, I cannot but think that players who move to China are trading something more valuable: the opportunity to earn recognition as top players and compete for the most prestigious titles of their profession.

The trend over the last decade and a bit of business taking over football is very sad. Football is not a trade like any other--it is also an art.

F

FlaFCB

While I understand why such sums of money tempt players, I cannot but think that players who move to China are trading something more valuable: the opportunity to earn recognition as top players and compete for the most prestigious titles of their profession.

The trend over the last decade and a bit of business taking over football is very sad. Football is not a trade like any other--it is also an art.
Most players going there are declining.

BarcaOG

Banned
Most players going there are declining.

Oscar is 25! But yes, you're mostly right.

It's also really stupid of Chinese clubs to offer that much money. They won't be able to do that forever. And it's not like they're getting quality players since, as you note, the ones that make the move are in decline.

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
Officially off to Shanghai for 60m pounds. Lmao.

Good deal for a guy who was benched most of the time lately.

LeeRomeno

Unlike us, Chelsea always seems to get loads of money for players they want to offload. 60 mil is insane for player who has rarely featured this season lol.

CatalinR10

Officially off to Shanghai for 60m pounds. Lmao.

amazed-confused-reaction-o.gif

Home of Barca Fans