Oscar dos Santos Emboaba Júnior

F

Flavia

On one side there is the stupid brazil staff who did not include him in the copa america squad and on the other we have morinhio saying he can reach hazards level.Extreme exaggeration on both sides.

He wasn't included in Brazil's squad because he's injured.

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
Yeah, he has a thigh or calf injury. Mou doesn't mind him missing the tournament, he hasn't had the chance to rest at the end of the season for a few years, and his in first Chelsea season he played over 60 games too(plus 10 odd for Brazil during that season, so over 70 games, pretty nuts). Let's see if it actually makes a difference or if he's like Fabregas and performs worse in the 2nd half of the season, he might even just not have the kind of natural fitness to be able to deal with a lot of games. Or he just isn't going to improve, which I hope isn't the case.

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
Hoping for a big season from Oscar, this is make or break, if he doesn't do well he's going to be sold for sure. He needs to last more than 40% of the season before going to shit. To be fair even Fabregas can play well for longer. :lol: He can be amazing when on form but his good form doesn't even make it to December.

EdmondDantes

He dipped badly last season from like February on. He finally had a rest in the summer at last though, had great game on Saturday. But if there's one thing I've noticed is how he and Mourinho seemingly aren't that close anymore since Oscar reportedly called him out in the dressing room for being too defensively.

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
Yeah Mou will always sacrifice him first as well, which last season was legit cause Oscar dropped form after the first couple months, but on the weekend he was easily our best player.

xXKonan

Isn't he more of a Attacking Mid than a Winger? Hypothetically Lucho would probably use him like he uses Rafinha, as a CM/Winger.

Antimadridista1

He's shit. Only his work-rate makes him over-rated in England.
He'll be on the bench this season, with the likes of Hazard/Willian/Pedro starting behind Diego Costa.

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
Oscar's problem is his infuriating inconsistency. Because of this I can't say he's better than Willian, but he's more talented skillwise, very much so. I think our season being a success rides more on Oscar than anyone else this season, if he can't step it up we won't win anything. Hazard needs help, Pedro alone won't be enough. If all 3 can get firing behind Costa, and the latter stays fit, I would think we'll be a pretty good bet to retain our title. If Oscar fails this season he'll 100% be sold.

Home of Barca Fans