Oscar dos Santos Emboaba Júnior

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
40m pound PSG target apparently. Don't see Mourinho letting him go though, I mean, he sold Mata to keep him.

Alarcón

Very talented player but he could do so much better. He loses the ball way too often and in stupid ways and his positioning is horrendous at times. It doesn't seem like they teach him a lot at Chelsea, he's barely improved and makes the same mistakes over and over again.

At the moment he is overrated and inconsistent.

Ursegor

World Champion
He is everything that is wrong with the direction that football is taking right now.

As is the entire Brazil team under Big S(am)colari.

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
Good to see he's finally over the dip in form he suffered about halfway through last season. Has been one of our better players in the last 1.5-2 months. His dip lasted long enough that I started to think he was never going to hit good form again.

He's clearly extremely talented but the fact that he's so versatile and tactically aware will ruin his career. He was being talked up as the best young AM in the World, scored 5 Champions League goals in his first season and was the main man for Brazil under Menezes but since Mourinho came he's reached nowhere near that level.

I'm not sure Mourinho is the best manager to further his development as a footballer. Joining Arsenal would have been the better move. I'm struggling to think of a footballer that has progressed technically under him, mentally or tactically is a different matter altogether.

james baldwin

He's clearly extremely talented but the fact that he's so versatile and tactically aware will ruin his career. He was being talked up as the best young AM in the World, scored 5 Champions League goals in his first season and was the main man for Brazil under Menezes but since Mourinho came he's reached nowhere near that level.

I'm not sure Mourinho is the best manager to further his development as a footballer. Joining Arsenal would have been the better move. I'm struggling to think of a footballer that has progressed technically under him, mentally or tactically is a different matter altogether.

That's rubbish. Oscar is showing his best ever football this season for Chelsea. He's playing at a higher level than he's ever played. The fact you think he was better in his first season shows you don't know what you're talking about. Excluding a 3 month period under Di Matteo, Oscar wasn't that good under Benitez. Since you mention goals, believe it or not, his goals to games ratio last season under Mourinho was better than it was in his first season. It's under Mourinho that Oscar has been at his best. As for joining Arsenal, well Oscar is in football to win at the highest level not to join a clueless manager in a mediocre team. There's a reason why Arsenal fans want Wenger out. Drogba clearly improved technically under Mourinho. So did Lampard and a host of others.

As for being the main man under Menezes, well he was actually played in his normal position as a number 10. Scolari came in and took away his number 10 position, both literally (giving the 10 jersey to Neymar) and on the pitch. Oscar was shafted out to the right. Now under Dunga, he's again shafted out-wide, only this time, to the left.

Home of Barca Fans