Ousmane Dembélé

Status
Not open for further replies.

Porque

Bilbao have some pretty old past it fullbacks (aged 32 and 33). I was going to say, that's some ages that would make Valverde proud, then I realised he is there manager so it all makes sense.

That definitely helped flatter Dembele, who did have an incredible game admittedly. And not to take anything from Dembele, but I do reckon Ferran would have had a productive game too in hindsight, had he started. Not the eyecatching brilliance, but a goal and an assist or two doesn't sound outlandish.

Let's see how whoever is on the wing versus Bayern plays in that fixture. Although with the Inter early kick off we may be knocked out by kickoff time anyways which would change the pressure level.

Raketa10

Unfortunately, it depends on the quality of the defenders. He won't make a fool out of defenders like Mendy, Davies etc.

Exactly. He always shines against weak opponents. I can't remember one single game against top tier teams where he performed like he did yesterday.

serghei

Exactly. He always shines against weak opponents. I can't remember one single game against top tier teams where he performed like he did yesterday.

High profile game, I agree. I remember a nice goal vs Chelsea in CL knockouts, that's about it.

serghei

Wonder goal vs Spurs

That's why you're a top poster. :lol:

I speak of high profile game, and you come up with a dead rubber.

Stegen also had an unbelievable clutch performance in a key knockout game. The Arabian Supercup semifinals vs Sociedad, 1-2 years ago.

Last edited:

FinBarcelonafan

Bilbao made mistake only putting one defenseman on him. Inter double or even tripled him. Then you can stop him or top tier defender with speed.

ajnotkeith

Bilbao made mistake only putting one defenseman on him. Inter double or even tripled him. Then you can stop him or top tier defender with speed.

It is typical from these average arrogant Spanish teams who think they are above playing defensively against top attacking players.

All the teams who performed well against Xavi's Barca double marked Dembele and played a low block. Only exceptions being very good teams like Madrid/Bayern who are good enough not to.

Bilbao, Villarreal, Sociedad etc will continue to try and play open attacking football against Barca, not marking the wingers, and keep getting thumped.

Birdy

I don't know what counts for a high-profile game,
but he was the best player on the pitch hands down against Eintracht at Camp Nou last April.

Triple-marked the whole time, but found ways to hurt them
Gave two goals on the platter to Auba and Ferran, who missed them.
Story could have been different

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans