Ousmane Dembélé

Status
Not open for further replies.

vuji_31

He would be great for Liverpool, Ajax or some crazy team that plays just attack and attack.

He is obviously not suited for Barca, Real or City type of team.

Birdy

He would be great for Liverpool, Ajax or some crazy team that plays just attack and attack.

He is obviously not suited for Barca, Real or City type of team.

WTF is this take?

Barca are in need of his skillset more than any of the teams you mention

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Dembele's issue is that he's a good player, but not a great one.

But the club and a lot of fans seem to think he's a great, elite player, one of the best wingers in the world, but he doesn't perform well enough in big games to prove that.

If you compare him with most teams' wingers he falls short.

L3v1s

I never rated this guy ever again after that Liverpool match. And besides that, there's his awful injury record and also the drama he made regarding his contract. He's not world class and will never be. I know that he was giving assists like candy last season but whenever I start to believe that he's capable of something, he always disappoints. Either gets injured, or just messes it up. He's already at peak age for a footballer and 90% of them don't get better after this age. Most attributes that shape a footballer and his style are already developed by the end of teenage. Sure, he's good for squad depth but he'll never be a player you can count on in those Champions League nights. Maybe it sounded a little harsh but I like to keep it honest.

OVI9323

I never rated this guy ever again after that Liverpool match. And besides that, there's his awful injury record and also the drama he made regarding his contract. He's not world class and will never be. I know that he was giving assists like candy last season but whenever I start to believe that he's capable of something, he always disappoints. Either gets injured, or just messes it up. He's already at peak age for a footballer and 90% of them don't get better after this age. Most attributes that shape a footballer and his style are already developed by the end of teenage. Sure, he's good for squad depth but he'll never be a player you can count on in those Champions League nights. Maybe it sounded a little harsh but I like to keep it honest.

whenever I start to believe that he's capable of something, he always disappoints. Either gets injured, or just messes it up.

Best way to describe Describe Dembele. In life, the more you expected, the more disappointment there is.

Porque

We all saw how he was for France, a team setup precisely to excentuate the benefits of his playing style. And he was... OK.

In his defence, atleast he got into the 11, but if you are building your team around him then you better think again. Not his fault our signing strategy flopped and we are financially shot, but with great signing fee's comes great responsibility.

Atleast he married a Moroccan so he can celebrate a 2nd and 4th place world cup finish, I guess?

OVI9323

On a more positive noe : He will shorten his holiday and train 2 days before to be available for the match against Espanyol... Since Lewa is suspended this is to be reckon

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
We all saw how he was for France, a team setup precisely to excentuate the benefits of his playing style. And he was... OK.

In his defence, atleast he got into the 11, but if you are building your team around him then you better think again. Not his fault our signing strategy flopped and we are financially shot, but with great signing fee's comes great responsibility.

Atleast he married a Moroccan so he can celebrate a 2nd and 4th place world cup finish, I guess?

I don't think his strengths were utilized well by Deschamps. They frequently ignored his side, opting for Mbappe-Griezmann-Theo triangle on the left. He gets far more touches at Barca, which allows for more playmaking. He also was relegated to a right wingback essentially due to Kounde's playstyle at RB and Mbappe's lack of defending on the left.

feggydinho

I don't think his strengths were utilized well by Deschamps. They frequently ignored his side, opting for Mbappe-Griezmann-Theo triangle on the left. He gets far more touches at Barca, which allows for more playmaking. He also was relegated to a right wingback essentially due to Kounde's playstyle at RB and Mbappe's lack of defending on the left.

Spot on

Iniesta Ultra

On a more positive noe : He will shorten his holiday and train 2 days before to be available for the match against Espanyol... Since Lewa is suspended this is to be reckon

Dude is straight up lazy, should be in training already like Mcry. Barca's just another MLS retirement club for fat paychecks.

Leboeuf said players who lose the final wanna forget about it right away and only way to take the mind off it is to go back to training/playing right away. Demb doesn't give a damn about losing, no wonder he gives the ball away so embarrassingly cheapily in matches.

Last edited:

Windhook

Demb is powering on the PlayStation right now to play FIFA 23.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

serghei

Dembele's issue is that he's a good player, but not a great one.

But the club and a lot of fans seem to think he's a great, elite player, one of the best wingers in the world, but he doesn't perform well enough in big games to prove that.

If you compare him with most teams' wingers he falls short.

Only a very small group seems to think he is an amazing player.

He is only valuable for us because we do not have access to the elite wingers and that will not change anytime soon.

serghei

As if Dembele at Barca is known for making a difference in big CL games. Literally his most high profile moment at the top is missing an absolute sitter in a CL semi. He is known for being a top player vs Elche, Osasuna, and the majority of the midtable sides in Spain this season. Against medium level defenders or lower, players that he can dominate with his pace.

Dembele is simply not good enough past a certain level. CL and World Cup semis and finals are clearly out of his league. Because he also doesn't have much middle ground, he either dribbles players for fun, or he gives the ball away a lot.

Last edited:

Windhook

He completely lacks the competitiveness. He's special player for sure, but without the winner mentality he looks zoned out, playing football for fun it seems. Against Argentina it was his worst performance I can think of, glad he contributed to Messi's cementing GOAT status, but nonetheless he's a Barca player. Nobody argued on Deschamps decision on him, now Giroud sub was a grave mistake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans