Ousmane Dembélé

Status
Not open for further replies.

Birdy

You're either incapable of reading or being deliberately obtuse

1) I stated clearly my initial thresholds were PER GAME. Revising to PER 90, we still see the tiers I mentioned. PER 90 (FOR A WHOLE SEASON OR SEASONS),

Messi is at 1.6
Neymar/Salah/Robben/Ribery are around 1 -1.25
Sane/Gnabry are around 0.85
Dembele is around 0.70

As for why all of Dembele/Gnabry/Sane all have higher than their PER SEASON number this season, it's because we're 15-20 games in :lol: Lower sample size = more variability, but despite this Sane and Gnabry are clearly above Dembele.

LOL:lol:
Still tinkering with the categories to save face.
DUDE, the number and range of levels are absolutely your invention

And suddenly Vini is not in the discussion after you saw his stats are worse. Ok, you concede that.

Still only 3 current footballers are listed as better than Dembele, if you want to add Mbape, still only 4
and the rest is reference to best individual seasons of legends like prime Robben, prime Ribery, prime Neymar, prime Messi etc
That's the best a Dembele hater can get to, refer past legends and shy away from showing the current elite wingers that are better than Dembele

Low sample size the only point you are right

Birdy

And if you wanna do this discussion seriously, you split G from A per 90 min

Why? Because Dembele is a creator not a finisher, and it's CHEATING to lump up G and A so that you bring his A stats down on purpose
We know that Dembele's G stats are not good.
But in the A/90 min he tops EVERYONE, that's what you sneakily avoid to concede

So he is only below a handful of people currently in G+A per 90
and he is the best winger out there in A per 90

But he is only 'good' and EL level
LOOOOOL:lol:

Last edited:

KingLeo10

Still tinkering with the categories to save face.
DUDE, the number and range of levels are absolutely your invention

And suddenly Vini is not in the discussion after you saw his stats are worse. Ok, you concede that.

Still only 3 current footballers are listed as better than Dembele, if you want to add Mbape, still only 4
and the rest is reference to best individual seasons of legends like prime Robben, prime Ribery, prime Neymar, prime Messi etc
That's the best a Dembele hater can get to, refer past legends and shy away from showing the current elite wingers that are better than Dembele

Low sample size the only point you are right

:lol: I've just delineated multiple ways in which Sane and Gnabry are better than Dembele by every metric. I haven't even bothered to compare to other winger/ wing forwards who are to anyone sane multiple leagues above him (Mbappe, Salah, Neymar). Vinicius who doesn't take PKs is also superior to Dembele.

I'm nearly positive if I dug through winger stats of other players in Serie A, LL, or EPL, I would probably arrive at a list of average to good players with similar production to Dembele.

Lastly, the best season bit, you really don't want to go into Dembele's stats across ALL seasons. His production has only been somewhat decent in 18/19 and last season to this season. Otherwise, he's been an absolute empty cannon.

"Ok, you concede that" - says the :clown: after 0 references or concessions/acknowledgements regarding Sane or Gnabry in his post.

KingLeo10

https://www.transfermarkt.com/raheem-sterling/leistungsdaten/spieler/134425/saison/2021/plus/1

Even Raheem fucking Sterling has better G + A PER 90 mins last season compared to Dembele - 0.76

I'm sure if I used Raheem's best seasons at City, he blows Dembele away and is more in line with Gnabry and Sane.

:lol:

https://www.transfermarkt.com/riyad-mahrez/leistungsdaten/spieler/171424/saison/2021/wettbewerb/CL

Riyad Mahrez is at 0.9 G + A per 90 last season.

Like I said, if I went through EPL, LL, and Serie A, I will find multiple people with better stats than Dembele :lol:

He's so elite that his most memorable moments on the biggest stage are: 41 min substitution in the WC final, and a top 5 all time CL SFs miss :lol:

Last edited:

Birdy

Nice that you quit so easily when you get cornered

I never denied that Sane and Gnabry are elite wingers
I told you that it's prob only a handful of people that currently play football and have better stats than Dembele, and you simply confirmed that by not giving any other example of the supposed elite wingers better than him, but only filling up your example slots with wonderseasons of past legends

Dug out the Assist/90 min of any winger you can find in Serie A, LL, EPL, whatever you want

Dembouz shits on everyone.
Dembouz has 0.7 Assists /90 min in the league the last 2 seasons
You know how many Messi has who is not even a winger? 0.66
Neymar 0.48
Salah 0.37
Sane 0.32
Vini 0.29
Gnabry 0.24
Random names that people mentioned: Kvara 0.66, Leao 0.35

We are talking about the current best creator in the world out wide, and some :clown: will devise every mental gymnastics possible to not concede that

Birdy

https://www.transfermarkt.com/raheem-sterling/leistungsdaten/spieler/134425/saison/2021/plus/1

Even Raheem fucking Sterling has better G + A PER 90 mins last season compared to Dembele - 0.76

I'm sure if I used Raheem's best seasons at City, he blows Dembele away and is more in line with Gnabry and Sane.

:lol:

https://www.transfermarkt.com/riyad-mahrez/leistungsdaten/spieler/171424/saison/2021/wettbewerb/CL

Riyad Mahrez is at 0.9 G + A per 90 last season.

Like I said, if I went through EPL, LL, and Serie A, I will find multiple people with better stats than Dembele :lol:

He's so elite that his most memorable moments on the biggest stage are: 41 min substitution in the WC final, and a top 5 all time CL SFs miss :lol:

And still using tranfermarkt and Mahrez who takes pens.
LOOOL

Dembele G+A/90 in the league past 2 seasons: 0.9
Mahrez G+A/90 in the league past 2 seasons: 0.79
Sterling G+A/90 in the league past 2 seasons: 0.65

You are so butthurt that Dembele has comparable numbers with all you thought are better than him, and is the best there is in A/90 min
Haters gonna hate

Last edited:

KingLeo10

Nice that you quit so easily when you get cornered

I never denied that Sane and Gnabry are elite wingers
I told you that it's prob only a handful of people that currently play football and have better stats than Dembele, and you simply confirmed that by not giving any other example of the supposed elite wingers better than him, but only filling up your example slots with wonderseasons of past legends

Dug out the Assist/90 min of any winger you can find in Serie A, LL, EPL, whatever you want

Dembouz shits on everyone.
Dembouz has 0.7 Assists /90 min in the league the last 2 seasons
You know how many Messi has who is not even a winger? 0.66
Neymar 0.48
Salah 0.37
Sane 0.32
Vini 0.29
Gnabry 0.24
Random names that people mentioned: Kvara 0.66, Leao 0.35

We are talking about the current best creator in the world out wide, and some :clown: will devise every mental gymnastics possible to not concede that

Imagine comparing 25 year old Dembele to 35 year old Messi's PSG stint :lol:

And putting filters of: No goals counted (lol what? the point of this game is scoring goals and elite wingers are expected to be creative and secondary goal threats, not fucking useless in front of goal), no pens counted, per 90 until you arrive at the subset of stats where Dembele looks decent

AND THEN

And then talking about mental gymnastics by others.

Carry on simping for this fraud. I hope you follow him over to Rennes or wherever he ends up next (like you like to tell Messi fans) :lol:

Birdy

Told you, it's creating where he is the best in the world
G+A he is not the best in the world, but still only behind a handful of people who are wingers

Birdy

[MENTION=19457]KingLeo10[/MENTION]

With love from me to you:

non-pen G +A per 90min in league and CL last two seasons (21-22, 22-23) [Source1, Source2], Source 3:

Gnabry 0.94
Sane 0.9
Vini 0.81
Dembouz 0.76
Diaz 0.76
Leao 0.74
Foden 0.72
Kvara 0.71
Antony 0.65
Mane 0.64
Mahrez 0.62
Rashford 0.61
Sterling 0.61
Coman 0.6
Saka 0.55

Please come up with more names
You are doing a favor to everyone in self-embarrassing the hater narrative

Last edited:

KingLeo10

non-pen G +A per 90min in league and CL last two seasons (21-22, 22-23) [Source1, Source2]:

Gnabry 0.94
Sane 0.9
Vini 0.81
Dembouz 0.76
Leao 0.74
Kvara 0.71
Mane 0.64
Mahrez 0.62
Sterling 0.61
Coman 0.6

So Dembele is closer to Leao and Kvara...than he is to Vini and especially Sane and Gnabry...which I said repeatedly was the case. And don't tell me Sane and Gnabry are legends. They're starting wingers for a CL contender/serious CL team, which most people would classify as elite.

And again, we're not even including Neymar, Salah, Mbappe etc. here who I'm positive are significantly above Dembele. Which hater narrative exactly are you destroying?

Birdy

So Dembele is only 0.4 below Vini in G+A including Vini's BEST season where he won CL LOL

The hater narrative is clear: that there are 'many' 'elite' wingers out there better than Dembouz

No, there are not. We are talking about a handful of wingers out there who have better stats (Mbape, Salah, Sane, Gnabry, Vini)
and that's if you include goals where Dembele is not good
That shows how insanely out of this world his assist numbers are

Let alone that some of them like Mbape, Salah, Gnabry are inside forwards rather than wingers, but that's rocket science for some here

Last edited:

OVI9323

Lol at even Comparing this inconsistent player to Mane, Coman, Sane, Salah or Vinicius

Like Benz would say, don't compare Karting to F1:lewa:

feggydinho

non-pen G +A per 90min in league and CL last two seasons (21-22, 22-23) [Source1, Source2], Source 3:

Gnabry 0.94
Sane 0.9
Vini 0.81
Dembouz 0.76
Diaz 0.76
Leao 0.74
Foden 0.72
Kvara 0.71
Antony 0.65
Mane 0.64
Mahrez 0.62
Rashford 0.61
Sterling 0.61
Coman 0.6
Saka 0.55

If this stat is valid, then he's up there with quality wingers of the present generation.

His game wasn't good on Saturday tho I think he'll bounce back soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans