Ousmane Dembélé

Status
Not open for further replies.

khaled_a_d

Nice to chop-chop out the games that don't suit your agenda
5 goals and 7 assists in total in LL and CL so far.

Joint 2nd best scorer of the team behind Lewa, and lead assister of the team

Salt is all haters' way of living

Chop-Chop was warranted in that case as it shows one game is just skewing the data.
Dembele hasn't been doing well for us for 2 months of club football, and one elite game simply doesn't change that.

Stoichkov & Salenko were joint 94 World cup scorer, but you can't seriously claim that Salenko had an equal impact in that world cup to Stoichkov.
He is a player with short term contract who wants renewals and pay raise, with an awful agent and already tensioned relation with the club. He simply needs to deliver on consistent basis.

feggydinho

Chop-Chop was warranted in that case as it shows one game is just skewing the data.
Dembele hasn't been doing well for us for 2 months of club football, and one elite game simply doesn't change that.

Stoichkov & Salenko were joint 94 World cup scorer, but you can't seriously claim that Salenko had an equal impact in that world cup to Stoichkov.
He is a player with short term contract who wants renewals and pay raise, with an awful agent and already tensioned relation with the club. He simply needs to deliver on consistent basis.

He's created the most chances amongst our forwards so he's actually very important to this team with the sample of forwards present even when you remove his g/a

Birdy

Dude, he had the whole last season topping the assist category and you are talking as if the Bilbao game is an one-off.
Get a grip!

He has xA/90 min 0.43 the last two seasons.
He is topping every player bar Neymar who is not even a winger. Look at the stats I posted.

Saying the Bilbao game is an one-off, one must be either dumb (which I believe you are not) or butthurt because he hates the player
Agent, wage, etc are off topic. We are talking about his value on the pitch right now

Sorry I am talking to you like that Khaled, you are a serious poster, but you asked for it with what you write

mc_lovin

So, we get 0.43 xA/90 in return for a player that loses a shit ton of balls, can't shield balls, crumbles under pressure and has the worst shooting technique I have ever seen from an 'elite' winger.

Nice.

serghei

Seems like his form is going back to what we're used with. The pressure of World Cup semis and final was too much to handle for this player.

Would make a great substitute for a top class team though.

Birdy

Seems like his form is going back to what we're used with. The pressure of World Cup semis and final was too much to handle for this player.

So, we get 0.43 xA/90 in return for a player that loses a shit ton of balls, can't shield balls, crumbles under pressure and has the worst shooting technique I have ever seen from an 'elite' winger.

Nice.

more butthurt people

keep it going

feggydinho

I hope not, but his shooting in the last game was really off and that's one of the things he had improved on from pre-season. It's just one game though, so let's see how he performs in some more games before drawing conclusions

khaled_a_d

Dude, he had the whole last season topping the assist category and you are talking as if the Bilbao game is an one-off.
Get a grip!

He has xA/90 min 0.43 the last two seasons.
He is topping every player bar Neymar who is not even a winger. Look at the stats I posted.

Saying the Bilbao game is an one-off, one must be either dumb (which I believe you are not) or butthurt because he hates the player
Agent, wage, etc are off topic. We are talking about his value on the pitch right now

Sorry I am talking to you like that Khaled, you are a serious poster, but you asked for it with what you write

He had a solid last season, and solid start this year (feel free to call it great, world class, not here to discuss that) but in terms of last 2 months of club football he is reverting back to his old habits, and it is normal that fans call him out for it.
Dembele is simply a player that we can afford having on the pitch if he doesn't give us an end product tbh.
He needs to get it back.
And yes, on his day he is our best creator, it isn't something I argued against

JohnN

Why would anyone be butthurt from Dembele. He has done everything possible to justify criticism. Everyone identifies his qualities but for everything positive there is a negative.
For example:
Messi.. unique offensive output (won't go into detail, the list is infinite) but... adds burdain to defense so other players need to cover. Still worth it, as again proven this WC.
Dembele.. the best 1v1 in open space, constantly finds room for crossing, needs double marking but... Loses the ball without pressure in easy situations, can't score, mediocre crossing, clumsy controls and passes, liability in defense (not for lack of effort), consistently anti-clutch at big games. Is he worth it? Depends on the context. Current Barca need him, except if raphinia improves assists in his second season. Then raphinia overall, would be a better footballer.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
He's a good player, but not great and doubtful he will ever be great. Doesn't have the consistency, goalscoring nor big match performances to warrant that.

Due to our current situation he's our best option, but if your goal is to win major titles such as multiple league titles and challenge for the Champions League, Ousmane Dembele cannot be your best winger/inside forward.

OVI9323

Not even a great subtitue... I can't even imagine a Final where you are a class, then you make Dembele enter because you need to score and either he'll fail to score when you need him or he'll lose the ball, counter attack then the other team score...

This man shouldn't have the word "Great" link to any of his skills except for greatly inconsistent

Bobo32

Why would anyone be butthurt from Dembele. He has done everything possible to justify criticism. Everyone identifies his qualities but for everything positive there is a negative.
For example:
Messi.. unique offensive output (won't go into detail, the list is infinite) but... adds burdain to defense so other players need to cover. Still worth it, as again proven this WC.
Dembele.. the best 1v1 in open space, constantly finds room for crossing, needs double marking but... Loses the ball without pressure in easy situations, can't score, mediocre crossing, clumsy controls and passes, liability in defense (not for lack of effort), consistently anti-clutch at big games. Is he worth it? Depends on the context. Current Barca need him, except if raphinia improves assists in his second season. Then raphinia overall, would be a better footballer.

Not against using hyperbole comparisons for arguments, but dragging Messi into the conversation about Dembele is just wrong.

Raphinha is on a higher xA than Dembele this season btw, wouldn't be surprised if he out-assists Dembele this season in the end. Not that I think Raphinha is a very great player or should be playing for Barcelona either.

OVI9323

For example:

Well resumed

JohnN

Not against using hyperbole comparisons for arguments, but dragging Messi into the conversation about Dembele is just wrong.

Raphinha is on a higher xA than Dembele this season btw, wouldn't be surprised if he out-assists Dembele this season in the end. Not that I think Raphinha is a very great player or should be playing for Barcelona either.

Yeah, hyperbole to use Messi but just to clarify what I mean. We have been debating whether Messi was Worth it due to his defensive downfalls, so we sure as hell can debate if Dembele is worth it.
Raphinia doesn't look like a world beater but beggars can't be choosers I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans