Ousmane Dembélé

Status
Not open for further replies.

El Gato

Villarato!
Dembele is a more developed player, without a doubt, but if we merely look at his output in La Liga last season, he had 5 goals and 7 assists (1415 min).

Abde had 4 goals and 2 assists (1511 min). 2 goals in copa del Rey.

I am not saying that Dembele isn’t a talented player, but nowhere near top 3 winger in the world. He’s inconsistent, injury prone, unreliable, and often reads the game poorly (with a few wow moments here and there). One thing I’ll say is that he suits Xavi’s cross and inshallah tactics. He’s fast and unpredictable. For both sides unfortunately. :lol:
It's true but hugely surface level
Has much bigger influence on the game than likes of Abde
He's had more shot-creating actions per 90 mins of play (5.48) than Vinicius (5.13)

He's very close to a top3 winger when on it
Can be hugely influential
Issue is, gets hurt, sulks and then he's not on it
And then there is a case of his record in big moments looking absolutely fucking tame when compared with a dude like Rodrygo who hasnt even got half his physical attributes

He's not the first player like that either, shouldnt be surprising to anyone there are people that would be keen to keep him and keep trying to weaponise him

delancey

Dude, are you for real?
QSG is the most failed club in Europe. They amass players with no strategy, change coaches every season, play a farmer's league, and think they are a big European power, whereas in fact they are just trash painted golden through oil money

Can't be compare that thrash to Barca. We are building a young and great team, even with some shortcomings (Xavi being the coach, and La Liga FFP restrictions).
There are better projects in EPL, yes, but not at the worst club one can play for in Europe
My point was more that between PSG and Xavi, I feel more confident of them progressing in the Champion’s League than us winning the EL.

PSG are a joke, a monopoly club, but that was always Dembele’s ambition, ie to earn more money.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

The difference in technique, passing, touch and control, between Ney and Dembele is stratospheric.

Honestly cannot think of anything Dembele does on a football pitch better than Ney.

The Ney of today is even better than the prime of Dembele.
If we speak about prime Neymar dude he was unplayable (one of the best in this generation, second best dribbler in this generation) and by faaaaaaaar better than Dembele

but lets be honest, current ney is way worse than current dembele

Birdy

My point was more that between PSG and Xavi, I feel more confident of them progressing in the Champion’s League than us winning the EL.

PSG are a joke, a monopoly club, but that was always Dembele’s ambition, ie to earn more money.
Not sure they could get out of a group with Bayern and Inter last season.
Inter were CL finalists, and not an easy peasy opponent that some idiots here thought

In general, after Tuchel, whenever they face a elite team in the group they finish 2nd (City and even Benfica last season), and since 2021 they haven't reached QF either.

Let's see what they get in the draw this season. I would fancy their chances of being left out if they face let's say Arsenal or UTD from Pot 2 and Milan from Pot 3 or Newcastle from Pot 4

JamDav1982

Maybe PSG trying to pay less for him if he has agreed to go there.

For example if could get Barca to negotiate and receive 30m and Dembele takes 10m now rather than 25m but they make it up to him further down line or they make it up in salary across contract.

This in part is surely a play from them to try and find one last angle for Mbappe to stay.

Don Juan Laporta Estruch

If we speak about prime Neymar dude he was unplayable (one of the best in this generation, second best dribbler in this generation) and by faaaaaaaar better than Dembele

but lets be honest, current ney is way worse than current dembele
Your only saying that because Ney has been injured for months. You've forgotten that at the start of the season Ney was arguably the best player in the world.

20 games, 13 goals, 11 assists.

We are doing Ney dirty by even having Dembele in the same convo as him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans