Ousmane Dembélé

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamDav1982

Gentlemans agreement basically.

Like when Dembele had a verbal agreement to renew and then turned it down to run his contract out. F honoring it.

Not really what happened there and that was the clubs error in mouthing off after feeding Dembele with a load of lies.

Porque

It's over,

And it never really began
But in my heart it was so real
And you even spoke to me, and said :
"If you're so funny
Then why are you on your own tonight ?
And if you're so clever
If you're so very entertaining
If you're so very good-looking
Why do you sleep alone tonight ?
I know...
'Cause tonight is just like any other night

AbandonedAlertCrocodile-max-1mb.gif

wisconsincule

Getting 50m which isnt split is decent I guess.

What a fail transfer considering we could have signed Mbappe instead.

Watch him miraculously stay injury free the next couple years.

JamDav1982

But we get the whole 50m so great biz imo

Cant see that being the case.

Would guess this way allows less tax to be paid by Dembele/agent and possibly Barca to register more for FFP etc.

There will be some reason for it but cant see Dembele giving up his 25m or Barca getting 50m.

For example..maybe Barca pay Dembele/agent 5m a year over next 5 years and in some way they pay less tax and Barca get 45m profit this summer.

Just cant see anyway this could be done in way that Dembele/agent miss out on that 25m.

Messigician

Would guess this way allows less tax to be paid by Dembele/agent and possibly Barca to register more for FFP etc.

There will be some reason for it but cant see Dembele giving up his 25m or Barca getting 50m.
Reminds me of 20m loan fee coutinho stories

Then turn out to be 8m

feggydinho

Some sources say that Dembele has already signed a pre-contract with PSG already so his money and bonuses are probably guaranteed irrespective of how they finalize the deal.

Porque

For example..maybe Barca pay Dembele/agent 5m a year over next 5 years and in some way they pay less tax and Barca get 45m profit this summer.

Just cant see anyway this could be done in way that Dembele/agent miss out on that 25m.

It's probably going to come out that we get paid 20-30m or something ridiculous.

But say that it is 50m. PSG pay us 50m in installments.

Mousso gets a tax free bonus in Qatar off the books of say 15m, which is more than the 25m is after taxes.

Everybody wins. Because let's say Dembele buys out his clause for 50m, which is deposited with LaLiga and not Barca.

LaLiga pays out that 50m to Barcelona.

Barcelona then pays out 25m of that to Mousso Sissoko.

That's alot of money moving around, and alot being lost on tax after three movements.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
What the heck is a private clause? I am just worried that this could be used in the future against the club on other occasions when the club is powerless to stop this sort of shenanigans from being pulled by other clubs.

It is what it is, while 50m is not ideal, it is better than 25m. Just get him out of here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans