Ousmane Dembélé

Raketa10

Yes, he's got a huge hill to climb but it's not like it's Nanga Parbat. Just need to stay away from the PS and toxic leechers.

This is far from "just". It's a huge problem since he lost 3 seasons because of that. He is stupid as fuck and people who act like that never learn. Just look at Balotelli.

Last edited:

snowy

I hear you. It's a gamble but it's one I'd take _ rather than take the L. He also looks better conditioned than in the previous seasons. And Koe brought some good phys staff. The plan will probably be to ease him into games with only half sessions first. This would be ideal as he could share spots on both wings...

BBZ8800

p.s. Who thought Halilovic was a new Messi?:p

A lot of people.

With majority of our young players or new signings, it's like a time-loop.
Always the same comments, same hopes, overhyping, premature reviews, writing of random-stupid lineups consisted of young players etc.
And then Months of delusion and attacking everyone who dares to question some of skills of a current flavor of the Month kid.

Please, read at least 3-4 pages from the page 36. Also, pay attention to hype of other La Masia players from back then whom people were posting in their predicted lineups for the future. They all failed like Titanic:
But hey, THIS TIME is different. A new kid is always different than 100 of similar players who failed in previous years because they were average and insanely overhyped by unrealistic fans.
Anyway, take a look and enjoy, Halilovic, summer 2014':
http://www.barcaforum.com/showthread.php/9950-Alen-Halilović/page36

Richard.H

A lot of people.

Always the same comments, same hopes, overhyping, premature reviews, writing of random-stupid lineups consisted of young players etc.
And then Months of delusion and attacking everyone who dares to question some of skills of a current flavor of the Month kid.

Please, read at least 3-4 pages from the page 36. Also, pay attention to hype of other La Masia players from back then whom people were posting in their predicted lineups for the future. They all failed like Titanic:
But hey, THIS TIME is different. A new kid is always different than 100 of similar players who failed in previous years because they were average and insanely overhyped by unrealistic fans.

Hahahaha reading some of my posts, hilarious. Bojan was also very hyped for him. You can't really blame us BBZ, our club was at a much better time and overall the atmosphere around this forum was a lot more optimistic. Definitely learned my lesson though, hence why I'm not on the Puig train anymore.

Messigician

A lot of people.

Lmfao quality reading.

My favorite call was ppl calling Arthur the best mid in the world lmfao

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Dembele was arguably best player of the season in Bundesliga.
I'd make the same decision again.

serghei

A lot of people.

I think you confuse when some say X player can be ... IF ..., with X player will be like Y.

Nobody said Halilovic will be Messi. It was like with Arthur and Xavi, they look a bit similar stylistically and people see these players as promising talents. It doesn't mean they can't ruin their career if they aren't professional.

Halilovic certainly had a lot of talent. Unfortunately, as everybody knows, it's not only talent that matters. Remember at one point Quaresma was a higher talent than Ronaldo at the same age.

Definitely learned my lesson though, hence why I'm not on the Puig train anymore.

What lesson is that, assume nearly all players are shit so you are less wrong, since less players make it big than not? One BBZ on this forum is enough :lol:.

Last edited:

malvolio

I will sound as a huge hater, but our fans are overrating our players insanely.
Denis was the new Iniesta, he can't play at any top club.
Halilovic was the new Messi, he can't play at any 1st division team.
Alena can't play 1st division football.
Samper had to go to Japan to play football.

Mighty Malcom who was ruined by an evil EV and who was an awesome talent (he scored a goal vs RM, lol) is shit at Russia.
800 minutes played, 1 goal and 1 assist.
He attempted 28 shots, scored 1 goal for now.

Dembele, the same.
Imo, he would soon turn into a bench player at any serious club, even Man Utd, Arsenal or Tottenham.
There is no way that he would be a starter even at clubs like Sevilla once when he would start tripping over the ball and displaying his horrible decisions making.

There are some players who are not good for Barca, but who are good for slightly weaker clubs, like: Alexis, Semedo etc.
But there are players who are not good for Barca, but who are also not good for any TOP30 club in the world, like Gomes, Denis, Alena, Malcom, Dembele.

We often automatically assume: if he is not good for Barca, he will be good for Arsenal or Man Utd.
Some of our players are 5 tiers below that quality.

i'm not assuming anything, dawg. united fans expect a right winger. dream is sancho, but they were thinking about dembele too.

and if dembele is fit, what competition does he have for the RW position at Man Utd? that James fellla?!

i understand that dembele has fallen off the cliff lately but man utd wouldn't be interested just for him to sit on the bench.

in liverpool he will definitely be a rotation player with salah and mane as starters

putogusiluz8

The Pale One
BBZ takes it too far, Dembele not good enough for a top 30 club? That's ridiculous. He is not THAT BAD. In fact, he isn't bad at all.

Yes, for a club like ours and our style of football and what it demands his erraticism is not fitting, but for a club who doesn't value ball retention like us he would do just fine.

For all his faults if there's something this kid does have is game-changing ability. That's where he gets his star quality from. You don't know what your gonna get when he's on the ball, and occasionally that means stupid decisions. But still, to think no top club would be interested in what good he does have to offer is ridiculous.

He's scored some goals here that are not of the common kind.

PhilS

This is far from "just". It's a huge problem since he lost 3 seasons because of that. He is stupid as fuck and people who act like that never learn. Just look at Balotelli.

Well, Balotelli certainly has not been a model of professional behavior. But, to be fair, as far as I know Balotelli does dependably show up for work on time. Dembele seems quite a bit less interested in his job.

Judoman

A lot of people.

I did and you're not wrong:lol:

xavisionary

Possibly I'm adopting too simplistic an outlook here, but I feel there are numerous players with contracts expiring next summer Man Utd could go after

- Draxler
- Thauvin
-?alhanoğlu
- Milik
- Di Maria

Is football really so dissimilar to FM? I'd be hoovering up at least two of those.

Home of Barca Fans