Ousmane Dembélé

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmilerBam

24 years old is seasoned pro status. He'll be considered a veteran player in two more seasons. He's basically a full fledged player for someone of his role/position. He pretty much almost to his ceiling, if he isn't there already.

Yeah,in my oppinion he is the finished article. The Demebel we (not very often) see now is his ultimate version. And for the money paid and expectation, he is far from the required standard.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
I think he's going to be a late bloomer. Don't see his pace going anywhere until he is like 33. Firstly, injuries have slowed down his progress, he missed a good 2 years of development. Secondly, all players mature with age and start to make better decisions. Even Dembele understands where to pass in build-up at this point (not on counters though :lol:). I won't be surprised if he is finally a world-class winger by age 28 but we needed him to be world-class much earlier, both from a sporting perspective and for the money we paid.

Still, a fun player to watch. I would keep him just for the entertainment value lol, let's see if he renews

Laplacian

Yeah,he is just 24. Like he was 20 4 years ago. He will sign that contract, and in 2 years people will say ''he is just 26''. People never learn. Guess you like to be disappointed all the time.

It hurts to read all these posts. We're filled with nothing but slow, geriatric and mediocre players that now the standard for a player with "wow factor" is simply being quick. You know your club's declining when fans consistently lower their standards and expectations for players. How sad.

Seriously, there was a moment in the second where in an attempt to receive a pass his first touch and stance was so bad the ball literally bounced off his two legs like a ping ball. There was another moment where with two players clearly in front of him, he attempts a pass and directly hits the opposition player with the ball and loses it. A couple of other classic brainless moments from Dembele. How some people here think that being in your mid-20s will somehow magically flip a switch on to transform him into a decent player is beyond me.

He will only be "good enough" in the sense that this squad is so shit a player like him will be helpful; but make no mistake, in any other elite team in the world he wouldn't even make the squad.

JamDav1982

He improves the line up as it is massively due to his pace and ability to make things happen even if not all that consistent.

While he has a couple poor touches he also had a moment he took ball down on right touchline and went on a mazy to open game up for Fati who should have then squared for Depay tap in.

Absolutely right call to renew him.. injuries permitting. Even if he is frustrating.

Birdy

It hurts to read all these posts. We're filled with nothing but slow, geriatric and mediocre players that now the standard for a player with "wow factor" is simply being quick. You know your club's declining when fans consistently lower their standards and expectations for players. How sad.

Seriously, there was a moment in the second where in an attempt to receive a pass his first touch and stance was so bad the ball literally bounced off his two legs like a ping ball. There was another moment where with two players clearly in front of him, he attempts a pass and directly hits the opposition player with the ball and loses it. A couple of other classic brainless moments from Dembele. How some people here think that being in your mid-20s will somehow magically flip a switch on to transform him into a decent player is beyond me.

He will only be "good enough" in the sense that this squad is so shit a player like him will be helpful; but make no mistake, in any other elite team in the world he wouldn't even make the squad.

And there was another moment deep in injury time, where he receives the ball close to the halfway line
and just with his first touch and first couple of strides starting his run, leaves two Dynamo players behind...

The end result of the move was the run until the edge of the box, the pass to Balde, and the missed chance by him (which is just a question of experience, in a couple of years the kid will know how to square it from that position to Memphis in-front of an empty net)

But the first moment is so important to understand why this team is crying for his skillset:
Any other player of the whole squad, including Memphis and Ansu, receiving the ball there in that position, would have done either of the two:
i) rotate, fake, and keep possession, by passing to a close-by teammate, and THUS slowing down play and losing the opportunity for a clear chance
ii) try to make the same run, but failing because of either a not quick touch to take the ball in front of and start running
OR small strides that would allow the pacey athletic Dynamo players to catch him

PS: When everybody on the web praising him for his performance yesterday, the coach himself admits he is a differential player, the clubs sees him as a differential player and does everything possible to renew him,
BUT you find reasons to bash him again, then the problem lies with you probably...

Lapi

BUT you find reasons to bash him again, then the problem lies with you probably...

Don't bother too much with this crowd here. I gave that up long ago.
Most have no idea what is talent, why it is important, etc. People come here because this forum simply gives an opportunity to hate, usually regardless to merit or quality.

Creativity and fantasy is key to the game, hence Dembele would and could be key to Barca, but you will hardly ever find a positive thought here.
This is unfortunately the realm of the haters.

Windhook

His quickness is unmatched on Barca squad, but his approach to training and lifestyle is still questionable as from time to time I watch the training videos of Barca on YouTube and he's mostly fooling around with his pal Umtiti. His impact was undeniable against Dynamo Kyiv, but everytime I see him dribbling with power I fear some injury might happen. And it's going to happen, at this point I've accepted the fact it's just chronic.

gregorrin10

His quickness is unmatched on Barca squad, but his approach to training and lifestyle is still questionable as from time to time I watch the training videos of Barca on YouTube and he's mostly fooling around with his pal Umtiti. His impact was undeniable against Dynamo Kyiv, but everytime I see him dribbling with power I fear some injury might happen. And it's going to happen, at this point I've accepted the fact it's just chronic.

Another reason we need to get rid of Bumtiti and other French divas. Taking out Griezmann was the first big step, next is Umtiti, his career is finished, and his care free attitude is infecting his other buddies. Would like to get rid of Lenglet as well, but I'm guessing Xavi will love him because of his great distribution and he can be a good back up (as long as that's all that he is) and to be honest, him and Dembele don't seem to be as close as with Umtiti. Need to shield Dembele from that and get him to focus only on football and how to stay as fit and focused on improving his game as he can be.

jamrock

Dembele would literally make every single elite team squad in Europe every single one, whether he would be a starter or not is a different conversation, & I'm not even big on dembele, but you can't teach the basic skills he has, which is why the moment he plays a few games in a row he gets called up for France, who definitely don't need to call him up.

Windhook

Another reason we need to get rid of Bumtiti and other French divas. Taking out Griezmann was the first big step, next is Umtiti, his career is finished, and his care free attitude is infecting his other buddies. Would like to get rid of Lenglet as well, but I'm guessing Xavi will love him because of his great distribution and he can be a good back up (as long as that's all that he is) and to be honest, him and Dembele don't seem to be as close as with Umtiti. Need to shield Dembele from that and get him to focus only on football and how to stay as fit and focused on improving his game as he can be.

Umtiti will likely leave soon, because he's injured for life. But Lenglet is here to stay, like it or not. Anyway I don't see the bromance between him and Dembele anyway. I don't even know at this stage, after 4 years spent in Spain, whether Dembouz had any improvement in Spanish.

Blackstarr

Pure waffle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans