Ousmane Dembélé

Status
Not open for further replies.

Messigician

Barcelona have agreed to Demb?l?'s demands and sent him a greatly mproved renewal proposal. [md]

Stunning!

Sissoko agent of the year? Now everyone gonna take advantage of us lmfao

Messi983

I think it's because of Alphonso Davies, you'll notice that Dembele was quite useless when he went to the rw a few times.

He was useless as LW as well but yeah, I've pointed out Davies before as a probable reason why Xavi decided to play Dembele on the left. OTOH he tried to close down Davies with a combination of Dest RW/Araujo RB. I understand what he was trying to do and I won't say this decision was the only reason why we gave away possesion to Bayern in 1st half (IIRC they've had around 60%) - which is not something I'd expect from Xavi - but it clearly played a role. He should have stack the midfield instead but ofc hindsight is 20/20. In the end don't think Xavi (or any coach really) could do anything for us to win this game so I won't blame him. Current team is light years behind Bayern, especially those players he had at disposal. Things could be a bit different if we'd have Ansu, Pedri and Kun fit to play but we didn't so reallly irrelevant to use what if scenarios.

Porque

Best way to defend against Davies is to make him have to do defensive work. He is fast but bang average defensively.

Laplacian

Dembele's a poor match for Davies because Dembele has no 1v1 ability, he depends on outrunning his opponents - something that wouldn't work too well with the pace monster Davies. Xavi was correct in sticking at LW, not his fault Dembele was just as useless there despite having "no weak foot." Lol

FCMessi

Dembele's a poor match for Davies because Dembele has no 1v1 ability, he depends on outrunning his opponents - something that wouldn't work too well with the pace monster Davies. Xavi was correct in sticking at LW, not his fault Dembele was just as useless there despite having "no weak foot." Lol

Dest was definitely a better match for Davies.

Messigician

🚨🚨[@xavitorresll🥇] | Barcelona are unable to reach an agreement with Dembele. His agent, Moussa Sissoko has yet to respond to the club?s new offer as the pay raise is not enough for a Ballon Dor winning salary. Furthermore the player has far higher offers than the Premier League. The club is not expected to modify the terms again.

serghei

Great news. Dembele is never going to be better than an Arsenal / Dortmund level at best. What we say as promising 4-5 years ago, that's his ceiling actually.

giorgoXXI

What I don't understand is how Barcelona are letting him have the upper hand on the negotiation when he hasn't shown anything on the pitch or has been injured. He should be begging for Barcelona to renew him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans