Ousmane Dembélé

Status
Not open for further replies.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
It simply means that after today he can freely negotiate with other teams as he is in the final months of his contract - this is not revelatory

delancey

The quote makes it sound as if Dembele will be released on a free in January. If we need to decrease our wage spending in order to bring in Torres and Cavani, it makes sense.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
We threw Ilaix to the curb for less yet are still almost begging a 145m flop to renew with us.

delancey

It makes no sense to let him go for free in January.

From my point of view, it makes sense for two reasons (assuming he won?t extend):

1. It decreases the wage bill, allowing us to sign new players in January who will be apart of the short-term (Cavani) and long-term (Torres) project under Xavi. Players need to leave for that to happen AFAIK.

2. It would also allow management to focus solely on the group of players who actually want to play for FC Barcelona and will continue to play here. It?s good for the group. Dembele is a greedy and injury prone mercenary whose cumulative performances do not merit a stay at the club.

Last edited:

mc_lovin

1. It decreases the wage bill, allowing us to sign new players in January who will be apart of the short-term (Cavani) and long-term (Torres) project under Xavi. Players need to leave for that to happen AFAIK.

The ironic thing is that in regards to FFP extending his contract is far better than just letting him leave on free to decrease the wage bill. The wonders of accounting.

delancey

The ironic thing is that in regards to FFP extending his contract is far better than just letting him leave on free to decrease the wage bill. The wonders of accounting.

I read that too! I believe it was mentioned that if he extends, his amortization expenses would be distributed over the total length of both contracts, essentially decreasing his yearly amortization expense.

Total cost divided by total useful life (assuming straight line depreciation).

FinBarcelonafan

Is it because he is more valuable on paper after his re-sign? Maybe he has book value of Mbappe lol

If Arthur was 70mil and Pjanic 60mil, Dembele easily worth Mbappe.

Messigician

🚨[SPORT] | Club officials are upset with Dembele, who missed Aguero's farewell party and a visit to Espai Bar?a's Section. If the player has a little dignity, he will return the favor that the club gave him. Dembele remains unphased by the club's pressure to renew

behindbrowneyes

Sport is toxic these days, but I knew from the moment I was scrolling through pictures of Aguero's farewell and the visit of Espai Barca section in the museum that he is gone. That's his typical behavior. Did more or less the same in Rennes and Dortmund.

mc_lovin

Is it because he is more valuable on paper after his re-sign? Maybe he has book value of Mbappe lol

If Arthur was 70mil and Pjanic 60mil, Dembele easily worth Mbappe.

145m fee/5=29m amortization cost per year.

1 year left (29m), if he extends for 4 more years: 29m rest amortization/4=7.25m... meaning we have roughly 20m more on paper (for FFP)... it's absurd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans