Ousmane Dembélé

Status
Not open for further replies.

feggydinho

Exactly. Roberto isn't trashing us in media either and we didn't pay 120mil for him.

It's mostly about the price tag, foreign player and unprofessional. Team fans in general are always a bit more harsh on foreign players.

Okay, this makes sense. Though I wouldn't call what Dembele did "trashing us in the media", he had to give a response cause he had been mute for 4 years and also being trashed in the media.

MTL_Barca

Well if it's true Dembele already told Xavi he'll renew and then suddenly his agent came with demands of like twice of what Barca offers then it's understandable they're pissed.

But still not a good look for us, threatening the player is kinda silly because there's basically nothing we can do anyway besides sending him to stands while paying his full wages. All that while playing guys like Abde, Jutgla and Luuk De Jong in attack...

All in all just unnecessary drama, but that's Barca.

Last edited:

iniestaGOAT

Okay, this makes sense. Though I wouldn't call what Dembele did "trashing us in the media", he had to give a response cause he had been mute for 4 years and also being trashed in the media.

Every garbage underperforming player is trashed in the media. What's the big deal lmao

OVI9323

In fact I think seeing how many wrong behaviour he had, we were quite nice and patient with him. We all know that each years we heard a lot about "Dembele late to training / Dembele still doesn't speak spanish after X years/ Dembele makes racist jokes/ Dembele is injured but still keep on playing because he doesn't understand his body).

We act like he's a 14 years old kid but why we didn't heard such story from Yusuf demir or Araujo for instance?

I can understand if we argue that the media would cover information and not say anything about, let's say Pique or Roberto, but we almost never hear such story from other youngster... So Yes, I think the media were well too nice and naive with him if we look at the Big Picture of his achievement with us.

mc_lovin

I guess the main issue was how he and his agent conducted the negotiations. If they were honest from day one I don't think the situation would have escalated that badly.

khaled_a_d

It looks more double standard to me, Sergi Roberto is also on a high salary, and would become a free agent by June and I don't see him being bashed by media for refusing to agree to the proposed wage cut which is his right. So is it okay for us to bid for free players from other clubs and stop some of our players from leaving for free while defaming them? Even ESPN were critical on the way we handled Dembele's case, and he had every right to protect himself in my opinion

What are we going to do with Roberto? Put him on the stands while he is injured?
Roberto is a player who cost us nothing, only signed one big contract while being almost 30 and has actually contributed some to the club.
Media isn't protecting him either, but his case is entirely different with his health and being someone with a bit of history in the club.
Also, Roberto won't create so many clicks to be in the news, something that media is all about

behindbrowneyes

Roberto turned into an injury-prone player in those last 1,5 seasons. Last season he has missed 37 games and this season 28 games already. Club really shouldn't offer him more than 50% of his current salary.

An allrounder and master-of-none should glare with availability and Roberto is failing in doing so. He'll turn 30 in two weeks too. I would not be unhappy if club decides to run his contract down without extending him.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Roberto turned into an injury-prone player in those last 1,5 seasons. Last season he has missed 37 games and this season 28 games already. Club really shouldn't offer him more than 50% of his current salary.

An allrounder and master-of-none should glare with availability and Roberto is failing in doing so. He'll turn 30 in two weeks too. I would not be unhappy if club decides to run his contract down without extending him.

sergi roberto still living from his 6-1 goal otherwise this guy would play for Elche

Windhook

Sergi was a good all around player in the past that Lucho utilized effectively in midfield mainly. Since Valverde cemented Sergi as right back everything went down the drain and injuries killed any hope that he could pull a comeback.

Andresito

Staff member
Chelsea had a direct meeting with Ousmane Demb?l??s agent yesterday. [@kors_andreas]

Imagine Dembele and Lukaku scuffing up every other attack.

Andresito

Staff member
Se queda

In a few hours, Demb?l? and Bar?a will meet to discuss the Frenchman's future. [@HelenaCondis]

President Laporta has just arrived at the club's offices. [@gerardromero]

Ousmane Demb?l? has requested a meeting with President Laporta to solve his future. The Frenchman wants to stay. [sport]

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Maybe he learned a couple of tricks from Umtiti who started crying in a meeting with Laporta who then let Umtiti stay and prove himself instead of pushing him to leave this past summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans