Ousmane Dembélé

Status
Not open for further replies.

gregorrin10

Dembele will accept a 2 year deal under the current terms

It is up to the club to decide on what they will do

I'd actually prefer a 2 year deal to a 4 or 5 year, which is probably what his agent wants. I'd never want us to give him another 5 or even 4 year deal, because he's just too inconsistent to deserve that. He'd become too complacent again for sure. So a 2 year is actually perfect. We get to bet on him big time next season, really give him the role and every opportunity to become our main man in the attacking area, but mainly see if he can stay fit and as good as he has been in the 2nd half of this season.

If he does, we go back to the negotiating table next summer, I guess. But more likely is that he won't, and we sell him next summer entering into his final year, and still get at least 30M for him, which is a hell of a lot more than nothing, which is what we get now, if he leaves on a free.

Let's hope he and the agent actually agree on the current terms, even if it is a shorter contract. They might think they're getting the better deal in that case, cause it obviously gives them leverage in just a year instead of 2-3 to renegotiate, but I'm absolutely sure we'd be the ones better off, cause I have a feeling he'll get injured sooner than later again, and I actually don't want to see him mooching off the club for another 5 years in that case.

MTL_Barca

High salary with short contract could be one of the last ways to reach an agreement at this point. Dembele and his agent would get their money, Barca could keep the player but no long-term commitment in case of more injuries.

Not sure if it would be wise to keep him on his current salary, but that's up to the board to decide how much they value keeping him.

Last edited:

mc_lovin

High salary with short contract could be one of the last ways to reach an agreement at this point. Dembele and his agent would get their money, Barca could keep the player but no long-term commitment in case of more injuries.

Not sure if it would be wise to keep him on his current salary, but that's up to the board to decide how much they value keeping him.

Ain't happening. He will either compromise or we go for Raphina.

We can cover the yearly cost of him (wage+amortization) with the salary Dembele demands.

Last edited:

MTL_Barca

Ain't happening. He will either compromise or we go for Raphina.

We can cover the yearly cost of him (wage+amortization) with the salary Dembele demands.

Yeah probably not, just saying if he stays it
I'd imagine it'll end up being something like that instead of a full change of mind of one side.

Depending on what happens regarding Adama it might even be possible to keep Dembele and add a new player though.

mc_lovin

Yeah probably not, just saying if he stays it
I'd imagine it'll end up being something like that instead of a full change of mind of one side.

Depending on what happens regarding Adama it might even be possible to keep Dembele and add a new player though.

But he's not staying on these conditions.

If he wants let's say 20m gross/year.. that's pretty much how much we pay for Ferran (wage+amortization). Raphina would be comparable I imagine. It makes zero sense to try to convince him short-term with high wages on our part.

MTL_Barca

But he's not staying on these conditions.

If he wants let's say 20m gross/year.. that's pretty much how much we pay for Ferran (wage+amortization). Raphina would be comparable I imagine. It makes zero sense to try to convince him short-term with high wages on our part.

Well then he's gone. I'm just saying IF he somehow stays then it's probably going to be some deal like that instead of him suddenly taking a 50% pay cut or something.

Wouldn't suprise me if the club is at least thinking about the possibility if Xavi insists on keeping him.

Joan

Dembele is the better player between the two. Would also be cheaper long term.

The main concern is his injury history.

What what would make me lose it is missing on Raphinha AND Dembele leaving for free.

serghei

Dembele is the better player between the two. Would also be cheaper long term.

The main concern is his injury history.

What what would make me lose it is missing on Raphinha AND Dembele leaving for free.

Dembele has already hit his ceiling. Raphinha's potential is considerably higher IMO. That of a Mane or a Gnabry, or maybe even higher.

Nobody at this level is gonna teach Dembele not to give two passes straight to a defender in a bad position. He's always gonna have wild inconsistencies and at a high enough level, that's gonna cost you dearly.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
If we lose out on Raphinha because of this bum I'm gonna lose it :facepalm:.

I think there is still a great chance that his agent Sissoko will torpedo any offers we might present. So there is still hope.
[MENTION=22463]Joan[/MENTION] had a good point, if this renewal keeps dragging on and we might lose both. We need to set a deadline, like end of April, something like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans