Ousmane Dembélé

Status
Not open for further replies.

Birdy

Gnabry is not all that.

If you aks me Dembele, Raphina, Gnabry and the likes are all very good players to make up the first 11, but aren't talented enough to be real key players. Which is fine, because you don't need a full 11 of truly great players. 3-4 usually do.

Dembele may have had potential for more, but I am still convinced injuries fucked up his sharpness. He doesn't look nearly as good on the ball as he did for Dortmund or in his early Barcelona days.

Depends what you mean by key player.
If you mean 'game deciding' player, I can't think anyone better fitting the profile than Dembele. Maybe Pedri, but that's it.
Who is a key player from current Barca that Dembele isn't?

mc_lovin

Depends what you mean by key player.
If you mean 'game deciding' player, I can't think anyone better fitting the profile than Dembele. Maybe Pedri, but that's it.
Who is a key player from current Barca that Dembele isn't?

With key players I mean irreplaceable players... the guys who are the backbones of great teams. Like Neuer, Muller, Lewandowski, Benzema, Modric, Ramos, Marcelo, Xavi, Iniesta, Busquets, Messi,... those guys :S

Current Dembele is more in the conversation with Pedro, (Barca) Villa, Gnabry and the likes. Very good players, but replaceable albeit costly.

We lose Dembele and we would be quite incompetent to not be able to replace him properly. Raphina won't be much worse for example. Still hope it's not necessary though, Dembele is fine and why waste money and resources.

From our current team I hope Pedri, Ansu, Gavi and Frenkie get there to answer your question.

Laplacian

Gnabry is not all that.

If you aks me Dembele, Raphina, Gnabry and the likes are all very good players to make up the first 11, but aren't talented enough to be real key players. Which is fine, because you don't need a full 11 of truly great players. 3-4 usually do.

Dembele may have had potential for more, but I am still convinced injuries fucked up his sharpness. He doesn't look nearly as good on the ball as he did for Dortmund or in his early Barcelona days.

Good take. Slight change on that though, Dembele is at least 2 tiers below Gnabry. Gnabry at his best scored like 10 goals in a single champions league season, 23 goals overall and 13 assists to boot. Dembele can't even score 10 goals overall.

FinBarcelonafan

Good take. Slight change on that though, Dembele is at least 2 tiers below Gnabry. Gnabry at his best scored like 10 goals in a single champions league season, 23 goals overall and 13 assists to boot. Dembele can't even score 10 goals overall.

Nah. They are similar players. Dembele got in his year with Dortmund 6+13. Comparable stats to Gnabry.
Dembeles stats in CL back then we're good too.

Gnabrys state are bit inflated because Bayern too.

Saying Dembele is way worse is not true. In the end pretty similar, especially if Dembele didn't spend two to three seasons in medical room.

Sure, Gnabrys had way better career invididual level but I don't think he is much better. Better goal scorer for sure though.

You can give Gnabry slight edge, but the difference isn't as big as you make it to be.

Last edited:

Laplacian

Nah. They are similar players. Dembele got in his year with Dortmund 6+13. Comparable stats to Gnabry.
Dembeles stats in CL back then we're good too.

Gnabrys state are bit inflated because Bayern too.

Saying Dembele is way worse is not true. In the end pretty similar, especially if Dembele didn't spend two to three seasons in medical room.

Sure, Gnabrys had way better career invididual level but I don't think he is much better. Better goal scorer for sure though.

How is less than half of Gnabry's goals, especially when Gnabry netted more assists than Dembele, comparable stats? Lol, interesting math you've got there.

FinBarcelonafan

How is less than half of Gnabry's goals, especially when Gnabry netted more assists than Dembele, comparable stats? Lol, interesting math you've got there.

It was Dembeles only season in Germany when he was teenager.

Every Bayern player stats are inflated by superior team.

Either way, difference isn't as massive as you make it to be.

Gnabry ain't elite player. He is very good. Dembele is very good too.

Thats about it.

Laplacian

It was Dembeles only season in Germany when he was teenager.

Every Bayern player stats are inflated by superior team.

Either way, difference isn't as massive as you make it to be.

Gnabry ain't elite player. He is very good. Dembele is very good too.

Thats about it.

It's not like Dembele has been playing for Alaves for the past 5 years though. Last year he couldn't score 10. This year he won't either. He has never been able to and he's turning 25 years old in about a month. "Comparable stats", evidently not if you know how to count. So many excuses.

Try harder.

FinBarcelonafan

It's not like Dembele has been playing for Alaves for the past 5 years though. Last year he couldn't score 10. This year he won't either. He has never been able to and he's turning 25 years old in about a month. "Comparable stats", evidently not if you know how to count. So many excuses.

Try harder.

I totally agree with your wrong opinion ;)

Laplacian

I totally agree with your wrong opinion ;)

I don't think Gnabry's best season in terms of goal production in the league and in Europe being more than 3x than Dembele's best production is a matter of a 'opinion', just straightforward facts. Not surprised though, can't expect anything other than brain dead takes from brain dead posters.

The stats will be 'comparable' once Dembele hits past the 20 goal mark (which I suspect will be never).

Rassvet

Poor start to the game but then he started creating again in the second half. Assist machine in recent weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans