Ousmane Dembélé

Status
Not open for further replies.

feggydinho

Wide forwards have replaced wingers in modern football. Guys like Quaresma are relics in modern day. Dembele is kind of in the middle of both.

He has his uses and is very good in small doses. But give me someone who can score 6 and assist 6 instead of score 1 and assist 11. Why, because in crunch moments they can solve a game themselves.

Well Dembele has scored 8 league goals and 5 assists in his 2018/19 season at barca, 6 league goals and 12 assist at Dortmund and 12 league goals and 5 assists at Rennes so he's much capable of doing that next season, though I think you mean someone that scores 10 plus goals consistently

serghei

Wide forwards have replaced wingers in modern football. Guys like Quaresma are relics in modern day. Dembele is kind of in the middle of both.

He has his uses and is very good in small doses. But give me someone who can score 6 and assist 6 instead of score 1 and assist 11. Why, because in crunch moments they can solve a game themselves.

Top wingers were always much more than speed & cross merchants.

xXKonan

I have no problem with him getting assists obviously.

But it's comical how non-existing his finishing is this season. Doesn't even try to get it on target when he attempts.

Birdy

Vini has 18g/19a this year. I can't believe you're ok with one of our forwards practically never scoring.

I am not OK, have said many times he should work on his finishing.

But, most of his chances are not sitters (low xG from outside the box) hence don't condemn our good plays like Ferran does

AND most of you here don't realize that if it weren't for him we would have half or less of the chances we generate in a game.

vuji_31

True is, he does not even get to chances.
He plays wide, then crosses.

Can't remember his big missed chances.

Ferran Torres is tottaly opposite.

Iniesta Ultra

I am not OK, have said many times he should work on his finishing.

But, most of his chances are not sitters (low xG from outside the box) hence don't condemn our good plays like Ferran does

AND most of you here don't realize that if it weren't for him we would have half or less of the chances we generate in a game.

If Xavi reopens the midfield then we can create chances the traditional dependable way. Dembele continuing to attempt very low xG shots with his abysmal success rate shows his intelligence or regard for intelligence is lower than his finishing ability.

gasgas

Look how well Lucas Vasquez has been after being converted to RB. Let's not pretend and hope Dembele learns how to score and move him there as well so his scoring inability doesn't matter.

This is actually a good idea. His defence has improved, and he will provide width on the right and overlap the actual winger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans