Ousmane Dembélé

Status
Not open for further replies.

Messi983

The club would have to be realistic concerning Fati, I think the wings are up for grabs but Lewandowski is gonna be a starter and I don't know where Auba fits in if we get Lewa

On the bench. :)

Seriously though, we'd have incredible depth in forward positions if we get Lewa and everyone (mostly Ansu and Dembele given their injury history ofc) is healthy.

Tbh I was totally prepared going into next season with Ansu/Memphis - Auba - Ferran as our starters with likes of Abde and a cheap striker on the bench and I think if Ansu would stay fit (ofc a big if at this point) I'd still believe that team could challenge for La Liga. But now it looks like they could be our backups at the start of the season. They'll surely get their minutes as well though. It's up to Xavi to find the right roles for everyone (besides Lewa all other forwards are flexible, I think we could also see Auba playing as a LW sometimes) and/or combinations of players that will work well together.

With overall improved depth of the squad there is also no excuse for Xavi to not use all 5 subs in each and every game. Either bring on players from the bench to make a difference when needed or just rotate to keep players fresh and prevent possible injuries. Which will be even more important in a season that will be disrupted with a WC in November when most players will go away for a month with club having no control over their trainings, match fitness etc. and some of them could come back injured, tired or totally out of form.

And last but not least, we need to rotate just to keep players happy. We'll go from having bench players like Umtiti, Mavericky, Braithwaite, LDJ who were just happy to be here to likes of Kessie/Gavi and Ferran/Dembele/Raphinha/Ansu/Auba who all believe they're good enough to be starters and will give their best in every game to prove that and make Xavi's job harder. It will be a good problem to have though. It's been a long time since we've had some good healthy competition. There is ofc still work to be done in certain positions but if we really get Lewa and Kounde we'll be pretty well set at CB, CM and all positions upfront.

MTL_Barca

Ousmane Demb?l? will be presented as a new signing, not a contract renewal. The event will be very similar to the one held for Christensen or Kessie. However, there will not be a press conference. ? @sport

Stunning! :dembele:

Had to double check it's not a Porque meme post :lol:

Messi983

Had to double check it's not a Porque meme post :lol:

If in doubt always check a source first @El Masala

:p

More stunning news. :lol:

Demb?l?’s agent Moussa Sissoko is considering retirement after going from demanding an €80 million salary package to receiving a 40% salary cut— @gerardromero

Bar?a plan to announce the Dembele and Raphinha deals in the same press conference this week, before the US tour. Chelsea are outraged after discovering that John Terry will be the cameraman. — @gerardromero

feggydinho

If in doubt always check a source first @El Masala

:p

More stunning news. :lol:

Demb?l??s agent Moussa Sissoko is considering retirement after going from demanding an ?80 million salary package to receiving a 40% salary cut? @gerardromero

Bar?a plan to announce the Dembele and Raphinha deals in the same press conference this week, before the US tour. Chelsea are outraged after discovering that John Terry will be the cameraman. ? @gerardromero

Don't really know who's accurate again, I'm seeing some sources like Santi_J_FM saying that his salary is now 11m net so not as low as rumoured.

Messi983

Siuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

[tw]1547512637088464896[/tw]

https://twitter.com/FCBarcelona_es/status/1547512637088464896

FXndZeMWIAAXCXv

:lol:

Last edited:

Messigician

Common Barca L

Ousmane Demb?l?'s new contract actually has a higher base salary than the previous one. He was earning ?12m gross (?6m net) + bonuses, and now he will earn around ?11m net.

? @Santi_J_FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans