Ousmane Dembélé

Status
Not open for further replies.

feggydinho

Yeah if this is his normal level with a functional front 3 I don't mind a raise in salary, but 20m after taxes a year was more than prime Neymar's wages. Ridiculous demands unfortunately.

Well times have changed, and out of prime neymar is even on a very huge salary (far more than 20m)

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
No way man. Cmon. Only thing Dembele has over Neymar, even this declined version, is age on his side.

idk man, current Neymar is not even a winger. As a player yes, on a good day he is better, but not for Barca.

I won't mind Dembele leaving if we sign a replacement like Chukwueze, a technical winger who can run at people and create. And preferably a better goalscorer than Dembele is.

Laplacian

Current Dembele is better than current Neymar anyway. Would like him to stay but on lower wages

Nah. Neymar lacks pace but he is still the better dribbler and play maker by far. Sorry but no. This is just Neymar hate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3__5kYthTX0

This was less than a year ago. This Neymar is still 10x better than Dembele. Sorry but no., if Neymar was at Barcelona he'd be our best player by far even if he is no longer a winger.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Nah. Neymar lacks pace but he is still the better dribbler and play maker by far. Sorry but no. This is just Neymar hate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3__5kYthTX0

This was less than a year ago. This Neymar is still 10x better than Dembele. Sorry but no., if Neymar was at Barcelona he'd be our best player by far even if he is no longer a winger.

I wouldn't take him back, sick of attackers who do not defend, hold position, press or cut out the passing lanes. He lost a lot of his pace and had some lengthy injuries lately, and turns up for a select few games in a year (so does Dembele, but that's not the point).

As a player current Neymar is still better, but he is not what this Barca side needs. As a modern winger though, Dembele is clearly better for me, even if he is far from a world beater.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
idk man, current Neymar is not even a winger. As a player yes, on a good day he is better, but not for Barca.

I won't mind Dembele leaving if we sign a replacement like Chukwueze, a technical winger who can run at people and create. And preferably a better goalscorer than Dembele is.

Neymar would be a lot better for Barca than Dembele is, even with his shortcomings.

I understand your point. Purely profile-wise for what we need Dembele might be better, but he just isn't that good sadly. At least not with the consistency we'd want.

Too bad Liverpool signed Luis Diaz. He'd have been great for us as a summer signing. Would also rather have Antony than Dembele tbh even if Dembele is quicker. Antony just a better dribbler and player IMO.

Although again...having a winger of Luis Diaz' mould would be amazing for us.

Birdy

Luiz Diaz fits perfectly the model of a hard-working wide-forward that Klopp wants.

I don't know he would fit us on the wing, as I always doubted Mane could fit us on the wing.
At Barca, we need wingers who are firs and foremost elite dribblers and can run with the ball at significant pace.

Despite all your hate for Dembele, he is the type and the skillset we need.
If he leaves, we need to get the exact same type and skillset, and neither the current Neymar type not the Diaz type

Horatio

You're welcome
I hope football world wakes up to there being equally good talent in Colombia and other countries, not just Brazil. Will also save you tons of money.

Laplacian

I wouldn't take him back, sick of attackers who do not defend, hold position, press or cut out the passing lanes. He lost a lot of his pace and had some lengthy injuries lately, and turns up for a select few games in a year (so does Dembele, but that's not the point).

As a player current Neymar is still better, but he is not what this Barca side needs. As a modern winger though, Dembele is clearly better for me, even if he is far from a world beater.

That's besides the point of the argument I made. I simply stated Neymar is still currently superior to Dembele, simple as. Now on to your point, it's been 5 years and Dembele's tactical influence and suitability to the team has been minimal at best despite his young age and pace. I'm quite certain 30 year old Neymar would be an instant impact and would drastically change the lethal prowess of the team, far more than Dembele. You just have to watch his UCL games to figure that out.

That said and done, I don't want him here either.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans