Ousmane Dembélé

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iniesta Ultra

We need to try Pedri at RW asap. He should have similar or better target % with Auba.

Fati Auba Pedri
Puig Busi Roberto?
Alba Pique Araujo Dembele

ajnotkeith

If everyone played their role even decently well, Barcelona would win all these games. As I literally wrote, there are other reasons and others to blame. But how can anyone defend Dembeles "performances"? Xavi justifies them with him being without a contract so he is in his right to childishly bang the ball over the stands out of frustration every time he gets the ball, but I don't think it really is justified. It would be better to play another player there, Braithwaite for example.

You'd rather play Braithwaite why? Because he scored 2 goals once?

Bobo32

You'd rather play Braithwaite why? Because he scored 2 goals once?

Because I've never seen him misplace 20 passes in a game, never seen him misplace all but 4 crosses out of 52 in 4 games, dribble himself out of every situation and either cause a counter or end the attack with everyone angry but one lucky guy outside of the stadium.
Just as I've never seen Lenglet do those things. These last four games, Barcelona would unironically be better off with Lenglet there in that position than with Dembele.

For how limited Braithwaite is, at least he doesn't destroy every single attempt at an attack, but let other better players be the ones to play with risk. A team can afford one or two players playing with risk, but you are never going to be a great team if those players are called Dembele or Depay.
Braithwaite has scored twice this season, as many as Dembele, despite playing about 1/7th the minutes. Braithwaite deserve a few minutes with how badly the others are playing. Of course there are others too. Dembele literally didn't sit one minute these last games, and was apparently even praised, despite playing like complete shit. It is unimaginable that Braithwaite would be even worse than that.

mc_lovin

And the world holds its breath...

Personally I couldn't care less about Dembele, but it's unfortunately still the reasonable thing to extend with him.

Joan

Ironically, he's been our best performer lately yet Cules can't wait to see him at the doors.

Couldn't care less about his situation. Just hope we manage to get a decent RW in case he leaves.

feggydinho

Ironically, he's been our best performer lately yet Cules can't wait to see him at the doors.

Couldn't care less about his situation. Just hope we manage to get a decent RW in case he leaves.

Hence why I think it's best for both parties if he leaves for the money and proves his worth elsewhere. Had great impacts at Dortmund and Rennes, maybe he could replicate it elsewhere and we also get to try other players in his position and see how they fare.

FinBarcelonafan

And the world holds its breath...

Personally I couldn't care less about Dembele, but it's unfortunately still the reasonable thing to extend with him.

I don't really care about him but because our financial situation, I would rather keep him than use 50million on raphinha.

Laplacian

Because I've never seen him misplace 20 passes in a game, never seen him misplace all but 4 crosses out of 52 in 4 games, dribble himself out of every situation and either cause a counter or end the attack with everyone angry but one lucky guy outside of the stadium.
Just as I've never seen Lenglet do those things. These last four games, Barcelona would unironically be better off with Lenglet there in that position than with Dembele.

For how limited Braithwaite is, at least he doesn't destroy every single attempt at an attack, but let other better players be the ones to play with risk. A team can afford one or two players playing with risk, but you are never going to be a great team if those players are called Dembele or Depay.
Braithwaite has scored twice this season, as many as Dembele, despite playing about 1/7th the minutes. Braithwaite deserve a few minutes with how badly the others are playing. Of course there are others too. Dembele literally didn't sit one minute these last games, and was apparently even praised, despite playing like complete shit. It is unimaginable that Braithwaite would be even worse than that.

I hate Dembele but this is an insane take. Braithwaite is literally dog shit, a segunda level player at best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans