Ousmane Dembélé

Status
Not open for further replies.

Windhook

Wasn't Dembele retarded according to BBZ? If so he shouldn't be able to feel any shame or guilt. I expect him to resume his Barca career like nothing's happened.

Birdy

Dembele can't be a fan favourite because he acted unprofessionally all those years, probably a big factor of the injuries he sustained also. And after all the dissapointments he had the nerve to try and force the club's hand with some ludicrous demands. He never won us anything, wasn't clutch when in matters and clearly doesn't give a fuck about this club. So let's not pretend that the fans hate him because he is a Barto signing.

Kolo Muani looked twice the player when coming on. Coman also.

1) You are wrong about that. He loves the club, and had always wanted to stay. The whole saga was responsibility of dumbfuck Moussa Sissoko, who in the end received a huge L on his strategy

2) Coman looked as effective as Dembele. Their skillset is also identical

Kolo Muani yes, but Kolo Muani looked twice the player Mbape looked the whole game apart from the open play goal.
Kolo Muani's virtues were needed in this game, and it has nothing to do with level of player as you imply

Birdy

Lol love the reactionary takes on here coupled with the usual clueless hater comments.
Coman was fucking nonexistant for a good 40minutes before the dimaria substitution + otamendi giving away a stupid penalty.
Giroud has been one of France's best players and was also hauled off, nothing changed. Giving away a soft penalty in that way can happen so this vitorial directed at him is more hilarious.

Frankly people expect way too much or are too stupid to realise that wingers like Neymar and Messi don't come around very often and even if they did we wouldn't be able to afford them.

My favourite posters though by far though are the ones that still bring up the Liverpool defeat because they're genuinely the dumbest and most moronic with the least understanding of even the basics of football.
A singular miss in a 5 minutes spell when leading 3-0 over a 180+ minute is not the reason we lost. Dumb fucks. :lol::lol::lol:

What shows more than anything that whoever brings this up is of an elite level of stupidity
is the fact that their numb mind cannot get that even if Barca had won 5-0, Liverpool would have scored 6 at Anfield, and as many as they needed to qualify

jamrock

If Barcelona scored 15, Liverpool would have scored 16...

No matter how much you like a player, can't absolve them of Blame, when they miss a open net in the CL SF, that's just crazy talk.

The physiological impact of 4-0 hits different.

Respekt_III

Anti-everything
If Barcelona scored 15, Liverpool would have scored 16...

No matter how much you like a player, can't absolve them of Blame, when they miss a open net in the CL SF, that's just crazy talk.

The physiological impact of 4-0 hits different.

Yeah totally.... just like when PSG had a 4-0 lead in the first leg and went on to win the tie because of that phycological impact... oh wait.

KingLeo10

Excusing his misses against Liverpool boils my blood.

Fingers crossed someone's stupid enough to pay his 50m clause.

We might still have lost from 4-0 but no one no can deny it would have been (a lot) tougher for Pool to come back from 4-0 than 3-0

I don't know how Dembele fanboys completely ignore this TBH.

feggydinho

Excusing his misses against Liverpool boils my blood.

Fingers crossed someone's stupid enough to pay his 50m clause.

I don't understand why people keep on holding to this, it's gone years ago and he didnt even play up to 5 minutes in the 180 plus minutes against Liverpool. The bigger issue is our choking mentality, and search for excuses.

Him scoring would've given us a better advantage with 4 tho, but that doesn't change the fact that we looked lifeless and lost 4-0 in the second leg and I'm pretty certain his pace would've been an issue against Liverpool if he was fit in that second leg

ajnotkeith

We might still have lost from 4-0 but no one no can deny it would have been (a lot) tougher for Pool to come back from 4-0 than 3-0

I don't know how Dembele fanboys completely ignore this TBH.

It's not about if we would have lost from 4-0, it's the fact that the whole team managing to throw a 3-0 away lead was far more significant to the outcome of the tie than one missed chance.

Let me put it like this. The chance of progressing after winning the first tie 3-0 away should logically be like 90%, 95%.

If we score the 4th goal it becomes 97% let's say. Arbitrary figures but just to illustrate the point. The culpability is clearly far more with the whole team for managing to lose 4-0 at home.

The team should have comfortably held the lead and progressed anyway and the failure to do so is far more impactful to the overall outcome than if one more goal was scored or not, given that chances are often missed anyway.

Players are always going to miss chances in games and if you pin a 4-0 home defeat to knock you out on the fact you missed one chance in the previous tie, most people would say you are probably looking in the wrong place as to who to put the blame on.

Last edited:

delancey

Several years later and he'd still choke against Pool if given the opportunity. He just doesn't have that goal scoring instinct a 150m player commands. Ive said it a million times before, sell for 50m and move on.

That miss against Liverpool makes my blood boil too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans