Ousmane Dembélé

Status
Not open for further replies.

Porque

Didn't watch the game nor get around to the highlights admittedly.

But away to a Premier League side, and going with a 2 man midfield (one of them the French Gavi) and 4 attackers.

Now I don't know what Demballs did or didn't do, but that's asking for trouble from LE.

fergus90

Didn't watch the game nor get around to the highlights admittedly.

But away to a Premier League side, and going with a 2 man midfield (one of them the French Gavi) and 4 attackers.

Now I don't know what Demballs did or didn't do, but that's asking for trouble from LE.
I watched the whole game but yeah Enrique going for two mids was ridiculous. Especially as Ugarte treats the ball like a bomb.

Dembele was definitely PSG's most threatening attacker. Mbappe looked half arsed. They hounded Messi and Neymar out the club and treated Kylian like a king, all whilst he genuinely doesn't seem to care.

Birdy

I watched the whole game but yeah Enrique going for two mids was ridiculous. Especially as Ugarte treats the ball like a bomb.

Dembele was definitely PSG's most threatening attacker. Mbappe looked half arsed. They hounded Messi and Neymar out the club and treated Kylian like a king, all whilst he genuinely doesn't seem to care.

Say that again!
I watched the whole game as well on one screen, and Barca on the other screen.
And i saw what happened.

Now the ignorant clown-crew/hate-crew popped up here to shit on him without having watched the game.
That is telling about the level of sickness :clown: these clowns suffer from

Laplacian

You probably didn't watch the team after Xavi took over.
No other explanation for the silly stuff you write down.
Dembele became the record assist provider in 21-22 when we didn't win anything.

I am not going to defend Xavi, as he is clearly clueless in creating a team that plays attacking football.
He knows only to do something specific with his wingers: give them the ball in isolation from everyone else, and expect from them to always pull a rabbit out of the hat
Dembele did that exceptionally for 2 seasons.

All the rest is your own personal problems with him, which simply no one cares about

You're clearly against the assertion that he never really consistently contributed to the club (as that's what you highlighted), and your counter-arguments involves citing two seasons out of 6; one where we didn't win anything at all and one where he was injured for half the season. That's your idea of a consistent contributor to a football squad? Lmao.

Birdy

You're clearly against when the assertion that he never really consistently contributed to the club (as that's what you highlighted), and your counter-arguments involves citing two seasons out of 6; one where we didn't win anything at all and one where he was injured for half the season. That's your idea of a consistent contributor to a football squad? Lmao.

The fact that he is injury-prone means you have to judge him only relative to his availiability.
And when he was available, he was either good to very good (the first seasons under Valverde)
OR very good to exceptional (under Koeman and Xavi)

Now, in before you start churning out the usual shit that it's his fault that he is injury-prone, facts have shown that as soon as the team started doing proper trainings and working out as athletes (after Koeman took over), he had only 1 major muscle injury (last season) in the span of 3 seasons (2020-2023)

xXKonan

There's no point in defending him anymore since he's no longer here.

I think he underestimated big time how much the average Barca fans supported him even during his lows and injury issues.

Did he get shit? Of course but in the grand scheme of things he had it good here and decided to give everyone the middle finger and leave despite having a lot of support.

I think at some point like Ney he's going to realize the grass isn't greener on the other side.

ajnotkeith

I think we should hold our tongues a bit though. Its been a couple months.
He's playing good and is prejudiced by teammates missing the chances he gave like with Pedri last season.

Messigician

Scapegoated

PSG 4-0 Barcelona, Juventus 3-0 Barcelona, Newcastle 4-1 PSG. Luis Enrique's last 3 away games in UCL: 1 goal in favour and 11 against.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans