Paco Alcácer

clemente

U trolling right? He isn't even 1 footed in a club like Barca - and he can't pass, his vision sucks since he's always like 1 second late for everything and he can dribble for sh*t.
And what do you mean when you say "make it"? Like take over from Suarez in 2-3 years, or make it as a sub in some Copa games?

Just sums up how much you know about him then.

booge

Just sums up how much you know about him then.

In the last quarter of the season he did better than Neymar. Was a much better balance in the team.
He is very hard working, like Pedro. Neymar just stood around sometimes, not good if Suarez is doing the same.

Garrus

I'm sick of this Bullshit whining without any shred of knowledge and basic logic, I mean how may years have some been watching barca, And were they even awake?
Pedro was constantly bashed and labeled unworthy of barca on his last two years, And even this supposedly "sucky" player according to many, Had enough of the little playing time he was getting, And decided to leave.
In 2010-2011, One of our greatest seasons, Our backups to messi, villa and pedro were goddamn, Jeffrén, Affelay and bojan, And it was because, These are the kind of quality players that are willing to warm the bench and watch others play.

So i don't know which alternate reality some have been living in, Or what kind of video games they've been playing, But a squad that has stars both on the pitch and the bench, Only exists in your heads imagination.

Paco is a great striker. And the fact he's willing to be a bench warmer makes him a fantastic signing, If you think a better forwarder than paco is willing be a bench warmer, Then i suggest you check in into a hospital with a suspected case of delusion.

Last edited:

Zuti

I'm sick of this Bullshit whining without any shred of knowledge and basic logic, I mean how may years have some been watching barca, And were they even awake?
Pedro was constantly bashed and labeled unworthy of barca on his last two years, And even this supposedly "sucky" player according to many, Had enough of the little playing time he was getting, And decided to leave.
In 2010-2011, One of our greatest seasons, Our backups to messi, villa and pedro were goddamn, Jeffrén, Affelay and bojan, And it was because, These are the kind of quality players that are willing to warm the bench and watch others play.

So i don't know which alternate reality some have been living in, Or what kind of video games they've been playing, But a squad that has stars both on the pitch and the bench, Only exists in your heads imagination.

Paco is a great striker. And the fact he's willing to be a bench warmer makes him a fantastic signing, If you think a better forwarder than paco is willing be a bench warmer, Then i suggest you check in into a hospital with a suspected case of delusion.

+1

michelco

Paco is a penalty area player, i've followed him since he was 17. Sure he can pull off the odd pass here and there but he should mainly just hang on the should of the last defender. I'm sure Valverde knows this and unlike LE won't try to play Paco at left wing, he cannot do what Villa and Henry did.

An obvous question do arise: How long will Paco be content as a sub? He was sniffing around in the Spanish NT squad, now he's nowhere near it given his lack of playing time. Will he be trusted to take over from Suarez in a year or two?

Jombi

Paco is a penalty area player, i've followed him since he was 17. Sure he can pull off the odd pass here and there but he should mainly just hang on the should of the last defender. I'm sure Valverde knows this and unlike LE won't try to play Paco at left wing, he cannot do what Villa and Henry did.

An obvous question do arise: How long will Paco be content as a sub? He was sniffing around in the Spanish NT squad, now he's nowhere near it given his lack of playing time. Will he be trusted to take over from Suarez in a year or two?

He'll be loaned out after this season for sure. There is zero chance he'll take over from Suarez. The logical move would of course have been to sign someone who can play all 3 positions up front. The stupid move is to sign an average poacher like Paco. But thats how we roll. He will have 3 years left on his contract after this season so we must prepare for the usual loan plus option to buy deals.

Last edited:

Petulant Whiner

This is a sink or swim time for Paco. Suarez is out for a month.

If he fails to perform he should be sold in January.

Hopefully Mbappe's price will be slightly lower by then.

serghei

Madrid is proving this idea wrong in several positions. Kovacic, Isco, Asensio are not starters, but are excellent players. A cut above what we have on the bench, and some would argue even in the first 11. But usually, yea, I'd agree with the ideas behind this post.

Vilarrubi

Madrid is proving this idea wrong in several positions. Kovacic, Isco, Asensio are not starters, but are excellent players. A cut above what we have on the bench, and some would argue even in the first 11. But usually, yea, I'd agree with the ideas behind this post.

+1

Those 3 currently would walk into our starting 11.

khaled_a_d

Because RM bought them as young players who were ok with bench at that time, Guys like James or Morata wasn't sustainable when they didn't get playing time, Isco is staying because he became starter and Asensio is growing. They are doing a great turnover policy and that is the key for them.
We are actually starting to do that with B team or younger players, guys like Marlon/Bueno/Cuenca/Mina/Vittinho etc are coming. In addition to players like Digne & Paco who were starters in Valencia and Roma.
Currently I would say we have bigger problem in starting line up than the bench, and I am more worried about valverde too

Home of Barca Fans