Pau Prim

Porque

Long shot though as Flick took half of the B team on pre-season tour, and Prim wasn't one of them.

It will be Casado until Frenkie returns. But Prim will no doubt get shots in training and Flick will follow him closer than had Bernal been around.

Nico doesn't really add up. He is excelling right now for Porto in that AMC slot. Can he play DMC? Yes, but he even then better as the more progressive of the double pivot- that Pedri spot, and I'm not sure if that's what we really need right now.

But hey, if we got the 15-20m hanging around and won't affect future cap space, I would love to have him back. Solves the Frenkie issue if/when he is sold.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
Didnt think Prim was great in that first Atletic game.

Doesnt look close to being called up.
We might not even have a choice than to call up the next player 'in line' after Casado - our CM's right now, that are left, are Casado and Pedri until Frenkie the "Leach" is back (we honestly can't play Fermin in the pivot role). So yeah, it's Prim or Fernandez on the bench and probably getting minutes...

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Every story has more than one perspective and here player has to weigh many factors in a renewal, least of which was the instability of club’s finances or coaching candidates but also the logjam of midfielders ahead of him and linked to club (Wirtz, for example)

Could be he is now closer to considering a renewal so that he can show his quality under Flick as he is unafraid to feature youth players but I understand the strategy of the club to not bring him into the picture with an unresolved contract

jamrock

He's been holding out for some time now, as things stand right now, he has two players a Head of him, I can understand him being hesitant to renew.

Porque

Club won't invest in him over the next year if he doesn't renew on the other hand. Why would they.

Plus he has Pedro Rodriguez coming from behind and Pedro Soma who they will give his chances to.

Victor Barbera thought the grass might be greener on the other side too, so maybe he can give another perspective to the lad.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
We better resolve his contract asap, we bloody need him now after Fermin also got injured - this is crazy…

Porque

Quim Junyent, Xavi Espart, Pedro Soma, Jan Virgili, Juan Hernández and Landry attended the session​

---

He is going to be behind Pedro Soma sooner rather than later for both B team and A training if he doesn't sign.

Home of Barca Fans