Paul Pogba

future results will be the judge of that, i guess. But I don't take issue with the claim (albeit totally exaggerated in the first instance) so much as with the arguments.

Last edited:

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
In the future everything is possible. Clubs like psg, chelsea or city can be sold any moment or simply become a forgotten toy depending on one person's whim.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
future results will be the judge of that, i guess. But I don't take issue with the claim (albeit totally exaggerated in the first instance) so much as with the arguments.

"Massive" was a poor choice of words. In terms of history there is a huge gulf, in current playing level they are quite similar, but I think juventus are slightly better, they have proven they can reach a final. I'm sure psg are capable of this but juventus have actually done it.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Ain't it grand that Pogba wants 12 mil. net. Noone is touching the subject of greediness of the youngster.

StarLord

Ain't it grand that Pogba wants 12 mil. net. Noone is touching the subject of greediness of the youngster.

You can't blame the kid for sensing that lots of rich clubs are after him and he can play them for fools. The real subject here is our apparent stupidity. Pogba is a bright prospect with lots of weaponry in his arsenal, but is definitely not worth 12m net, nor an 80-90m transfer fee.

I would only take part in this transfer saga so as to maximize the cost for City/PSG/Chelsea that will eventually sign him.

But I get your point, if this had been another player, then accusations of greed would be all over the internet. I think it's down to PC.

StarLord

Footballing standard, pretty similar, juventus are slightly better.

Juventus play in a better league and are a more prestigious club. I'd call that a step down.

Do you think players (unless homegrown) care one iota about history/prestige/league's history etc? No, only we discussing here really care about such things. The vast, vast majority of players only care about the size of wages, they will just pick the highest bidder.

Home of Barca Fans