Paul Pogba

I'm against signing Pogba. He's just too expensive - for that amount of cash we could get Hazard (to replace fading Iniesta in comming years), or Isco/ Coutinho (this guy can seriously shoot from 30 meters, we haven't had anyone capable of that for ages) + some talented kid... or Gundogan + Reus + some decent player. His wages expectations are outrages :spank: ! He's just a talented kid - for the last 20 years I've seen billions of them turning into nothing...

Last edited:

JamDav1982

I'm against signing Pogba. He's just too expensive - for that amount of cash we could get Hazard (to replace fading Iniesta in comming years), or Isco/ Coutinho (this guy can seriously shoot from 30 meters, we haven't had anyone capable of that for ages) + some talented kid... or Gundogan + Reus + some decent player. His wages expectations are outrages :spank: ! He's just a talented kid - for the last 20 years I've seen billions of them turning into nothing...

Hazard is not a CM any more than Neymar would be and Barca would not get him for 80m.

Jombi

Yet ,it is always wise to get coaches what they want .that is what every successful club does .obviously there is limitation and scouting etc .but in the end it is the must to work with what coach wants

I feel we also need to look more long term as well. Who knows how long the coach lasts. And does the coach care or know at all about bargain opportunities like players with a year left on their contract or bosmans? Lets say Lucho wants some muscle guy in midfield and that he believes Iborra from Sevilla could fit that role which he has seen play alot in La Liga. So we try to get him for 30-40m instead of getting perhaps someone better for half the price (who might have a year left on his contract), because Lucho has his wishes even though he might never have seen or heard about other options that are better for us financially?

Hazard is not for sale people. You can't buy him if he's not available.

Everybody is for sale. 98% of world top class players would kill to play with Messi, Neymar, Suarez, Busqets and our other wizards.You just have to offer them right conditions and propper price. And since Iniesta is fading pretty quickly we urgently need quality replacement for him.

All these players I named would be better options for us, in my oppinion. Besides - quantity is quality itself, so 2 or players are more usefull then one (except, of course, when we talk about :messi:) - for example, with Gundogan, Reus and one decent player more (for the price of just Pogba) we would have qulity alternativs for half of the team...

JamDav1982

Everybody is for sale. 98% of world top class players would kill to play with Messi, Neymar, Suarez, Busqets and our other wizards.You just have to offer them right conditions and propper price. And since Iniesta is fading pretty quickly we urgently need quality replacement for him.

All these players I named would be better options for us, in my oppinion. Besides - quantity is quality itself, so 2 or players are more usefull then one (except, of course, when we talk about :messi:) - for example, with Gundogan, Reus and one decent player more (for the price of just Pogba) we would have qulity alternativs for half of the team...

Of the players you mentioned two of the three dont even play in CM.

There is no chance Chelsea would sell Hazard for anything close to 80m.

Not every player is desperate to play for Barca. Hazard for one seems perfectly happy where he is.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Hmmm... I really doubt Dortmund, Chelsea, Liverpool undervalue their players. Reus himself would prob go for more than 50m considering Firmino just was sold for 41m, and he's not a CM.

Hazard would go for more than Pogba, for sure. He'll end up costing more in the range of 110m + for Chelsea to be tempted to sell him. They might even reject that.

khaled_a_d

I feel we also need to look more long term as well. Who knows how long the coach lasts. And does the coach care or know at all about bargain opportunities like players with a year left on their contract or bosmans? Lets say Lucho wants some muscle guy in midfield and that he believes Iborra from Sevilla could fit that role which he has seen play alot in La Liga. So we try to get him for 30-40m instead of getting perhaps someone better for half the price (who might have a year left on his contract), because Lucho has his wishes even though he might never have seen or heard about other options that are better for us financially?

Sporting director job is to tell the coach about those player .we had this argument b4 man
Coach won't last long?well no one will last if they are ignored regarding their transfer wishes .that is Pere type of moves

Jombi

Of course, the coaches wishes shouldnt be ignored but its not like our coaches last a decade or anything. If a whole group of people decide together who we buy based on not only the wishes of the coach but also financial and commercial aspects in the market, then I'm for that. Its the "whatever the coach decides, no matter what" approach that should be avoided. We usually keep coaches for 2 or 3 years. How many coaches have we had in the last 15 years?

khaled_a_d

Isco and Hazard will cost more than Pogba for sure.there clubs don't want to sell and they are reach .we either have to pay Isco 150M reelease clause or offer Chelsea a David Luiz unrejectable kind of offer which for Hazard will be something around 120M
Nevermind Hazard is more of winger than AM
Reus is injury prone who has been on decline due to injuries .Gundogan suffered an injury that he might never return to form from
Oh,and Cesc and Rakitic are very cabaple shooters .we just didn't use them in shooting a lot .and Pogba is better outside shooter than Coutinho btw
One last thing ,Pogba isn't just a talented kid .he is Proven at 1st team level .he has massive potential to reach but he has already proven he is very good player in the CL runner up team .this isn't by any mean a case of Bojan/Dos Santos type of prospects

khaled_a_d

Of course, the coaches wishes shouldnt be ignored but its not like our coaches last a decade or anything. If a whole group of people decide together who we buy based on not only the wishes of the coach but also financial and commercial aspects in the market, then I'm for that. Its the "whatever the coach decides, no matter what" approach that should be avoided. We usually keep coaches for 2 or 3 years. How many coaches have we had in the last 15 years?

It is always a mix between those approaches and it depends on the coach/board/sporting director and current financial situation etc .Lucho has just won the treble so he will have huge leverage in forcing the moves he want .
Pep for example forced Txiki to buy both Ibra and Chyrgynski (Txiki wanted Villa over Ibra from the start btw) b4 he signed his renewal .that was a bad move on paper but it kept Pep in the club 2 more year and that was worth it

Come on, guys. We bought Suki (that dominated PL in every aspect of the game - goals, dribblings, free kicks, assissts... everything !!!) for 80 and Hazard would be 110 M ? Why, he dominated even more then Suki? I don't remember, and I watched PL wwhole season.

Wasn't there some "25 M clausule" on Reus contract? Him and Gundogan we would get for 70 MAX. Coutinho would be ours for 40 MAX. Maybe I'm wrong, but that is my oppinion.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Come on, guys. We bought Suki (that dominated PL in every aspect of the game - goals, dribblings, free kicks, assissts... everything !!!) for 80 and Hazard would be 110 M ? Why, he dominated even more then Suki? I don't remember, and I watched PL wwhole season.

Wasn't there some "25 M clausule" on Reus contract? Him and Gundogan we would get for 70 MAX. Coutinho would be ours for 40 MAX. Maybe I'm wrong, but that is my oppinion.

Reus renewed his contract with BVB and removed the 25m clause. Gundogan will also renew with BVB now.

We got Suarez for 81m, but Hazard has been named Player of the Year twice. He doesn't have a biting reputation and he's younger than Suarez and plays for a team owned by Abramovich that doesn't need money, hence the much higher price.

Reus renewed his contract with BVB and removed the 25m clause. Gundogan will also renew with BVB now.

We got Suarez for 81m, but Hazard has been named Player of the Year twice. He doesn't have a biting reputation and he's younger than Suarez and plays for a team owned by Abramovich that doesn't need money, hence the much higher price.

Well, we shoudl have used that 25 M clause - who forced us not to? And with Gundogan! Damn, two great players for peanuts... that was a chance of the centuru... :banghead:

Agreed, but he also doesn't have Suki's abilities (header, free kicks, scoring, goals to matches ratio and so on), so... besides, it's all about the player: if we persuade him, he'll boycott his team. It happened many times before when manager refuse to let player go to some club... so, all we need to do is make him want to come.

And Coutinho would be realy cheap: imagine U could play with Messi and your weak club doesn't let U...

Come on, guys, players can actualy force their sell, they are not some robots that just play for their masters...

khaled_a_d

Well, we shoudl have used that 25 M clause - who forced us not to? And with Gundogan! Damn, two great players for peanuts... that was a chance of the centuru... :banghead:

Agreed, but he also doesn't have Suki's abilities (header, free kicks, scoring, goals to matches ratio and so on), so... besides, it's all about the player: if we persuade him, he'll boycott his team. It happened many times before when manager refuse to let player go to some club... so, all we need to do is make him want to come.

And Coutinho would be realy cheap: imagine U could play with Messi and your weak club doesn't let U...

Come on, guys, players can actualy force their sell, they are not some robots that just play for their masters...

Players would force to sell but not all the time and in most cases they can't drop the price they just can make their club accept concept of selling .
Hazard is in perfect situation why would he want all that drama? And Chelsea would ask much more than Liverpool .they know how to sell and Hazard will have other suitors ,PSG/RM/Many/City all would love to have him and they never shyed from selling to rival if price is right (Mata).they sold Luiz for freakin 50M .as Donak said Hazard is very close from Suarez level but younger with less baggage .
Reus was more loyal to BVB and probably he knew that he won't have big market with his injuries .tbh I don't know if I would want him .gr8 player but injuries are taking a lot from him .last season he had some gr8 moments but many other games he wasn't so good

Home of Barca Fans