Paul Pogba

dakt

Considering his demands, no matter how good he is, I don't want him here. The only player I would sign for that amount is the one that could replace Messi.
All these transfer things around Pogba is just shame for Barca...spilling that amount of money is ridiculous if you ask me. I don't get what can he do so much better
then Rakitic/Arda/Iniesta that is worth his buyout and salary??? Just because some dumm ass is pumping up the price on the market we have to participate and act like idiots?

I would gladly have him for 50 million. That is twice more then for Rakitic! Beside, doesn't he really want to play here?
Wage next to Messi, more than Naymar!? Fuk you Pogba. You're not that big. Go somewhere else.

dakt

People really said that? :lol: Wow...

How things would turn out without some fancy acquisition is the subject to which we don't and will never have an answer. However, through one
case, one should never justify every other money spilling project. That is never a promise of success. We should know that. Barca practically grew its success from its own
backyard. Now, I'm not saying that we should have faith in la masia all the time, but I don't want for us to end up on the other side where every failure or just fear of the failure justifies huge shopping cart.
Huge acquisitions should be exception, not a rule. Assemble the team, not stars. So I would rather have faith in our current players and make sure that they know that, rather than bringing even more expensive, greedy competition
and so break the trust of our current players. And what players do we have! Arda and Vidal might show up to be great acquisitions, might bring Barca to even bigger historical achievements and records and all that for 3/5 of the price
of some fancy star.

MaxY

Devil May Cry
Let's be honest, clubs like Barca and RM can afford such a huge risk which is paying over 80 M + high wages for Pogba. We did around the same fee for James but his wage isn't even half of what Pogba's would be and Juve apparently wants 100 M. It's the biggest risk ,right there with Bale,James & Suarez imo. Ronaldo was already proven,he had a Ballon d'Or. You can see that pretty much all the biggest risks in football are done by Barca and RM. James was a huge gamble for 80 M, he was a great player but his actual transfer value would be around 50 M at that time. Bale and Suarez did fine in EPL but there wasn't a guarantee that they would adapt to La Liga. I'd be fine with risking a huge fee for Pogba if i was Barca/RM but those wages are ridiculous. That would make him the highest paid at RM after Ronaldo. He should be happy with 6 M at most until he proves himself. Does he deserve a better wage than James? They are around the same quality, James might be a bit better and he's more proven and he is more marketable. It's no wonder we aren't in the race.

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Let's be honest, clubs like Barca and RM can afford such a huge risk which is paying over 80 M + high wages for Pogba. We did around the same fee for James but his wage isn't even half of what Pogba's would be and Juve apparently wants 100 M. It's the biggest risk ,right there with Bale,James & Suarez imo. Ronaldo was already proven,he had a Ballon d'Or. You can see that pretty much all the biggest risks in football are done by Barca and RM. James was a huge gamble for 80 M, he was a great player but his actual transfer value would be around 50 M at that time. Bale and Suarez did fine in EPL but there wasn't a guarantee that they would adapt to La Liga. I'd be fine with risking a huge fee for Pogba if i was Barca/RM but those wages are ridiculous. That would make him the highest paid at RM after Ronaldo. He should be happy with 6 M at most until he proves himself. Does he deserve a better wage than James? They are around the same quality, James might be a bit better and he's more proven and he is more marketable. It's no wonder we aren't in the race.

According to Zidane you are.

dakt

Sort of....but who was thinking about James before the WC? The key here is to sign players when they are cheap(er). Even then you're gambling, but you're doing at at much lower cost.
Pogba's demands are ridiculous and I don't even want to discuss it anymore. Fuk him and his manager.

MaxY

Devil May Cry
Sort of....but who was thinking about James before the WC? The key here is to sign players when they are cheap(er). Even then you're gambling, but you're doing at at much lower cost.
Pogba's demands are ridiculous and I don't even want to discuss it anymore. Fuk him and his manager.

Agreed. The problem isn't the transfer fee but the wages,arrogance and disrespect.

serghei

The gamble with the Neymars, the Pogbas and the James' has a very high probability of success. Let's be honest, if we sign Pogba, there is a very very big chance of him becoming a world class midfielder for us. Such was the case with James for Real Madrid last year. There was a high probability of James becoming a great player, and then suddenly, from Madrid's point of view, having a player of that caliber for 6+ years in the team is worth the stretch. They practically have that AM position locked down for years (even with the crazy Perez in charge). The problem is Pogba already sees himself as a great great player, and he is really not the finished product he and his agent think he is. If he cuts a few millions from his wage demand, signing Pogba would be a great deal for around 80m.

I think the problem with Pogba is that he comes from a pretty big team. Neymar came from Santos, James came from Monaco. Well, Pogba comes from the scudetto winner, CL finalist Juventus.

Last edited:

MaxY

Devil May Cry
The gamble with the Neymars, the Pogbas and the James' has a very high probability of success. Let's be honest, if we sign Pogba, there is a very very big chance of him becoming a world class midfielder for us. Such was the case with James for Real Madrid last year. There was a high probability of James becoming a great player, and then suddenly, from Madrid's point of view, having a player of that caliber for 6+ years in the team is worth the stretch. They practically have that AM position locked down for years (even with the crazy Perez in charge). The problem is Pogba already sees himself as a great great player, and he is really not the finished product he and his agent think he is. If he cuts a few millions from his wage demand, signing Pogba would be a great deal for around 80m.

I think the problem with Pogba is that he comes from a pretty big team. Neymar came from Santos, James came from Monaco. Well, Pogba comes from the scudetto winner, CL finalist Juventus.

The thing is that James and Neymar both have a wage under 9 M. They are both imo much better and much more marketable players than Pogba. Should Pogba earn 12 M then?

Morten

Im not so suprised that Barca is willing to go for Pogba, Real might be the big "galactico club" and all, but isnt it true that Barca has the highest wages of all the top clubs by some margin? They seem to be willing to spend more on wages than others. They might be willing to accept Pogbas ridiculous wages.

Last edited:
Yea but it's a direct consequence of our sporting success. If the roles were reversed, i bet RM would be forced into paying even higher wages than we do.
Players stay longer at barça on average and are more successful, hence higher salaries. In any case the difference isn't vast.

serghei

The thing is that James and Neymar both have a wage under 9 M. They are both imo much better and much more marketable players than Pogba. Should Pogba earn 12 M then?

Yea, I agree. Pogba should not get more than 8m per year. Tops.

Home of Barca Fans