Paul Pogba

F

Flavia

Well Walcott got 140k/week today. That's almost 7.5 mil./yr. POUNDS NOT EUROS........ THEO WALCOTT......... No wonder Pogba wants 12 mil. This inflation is crazy.

That's almost 11m euros. Is this accurate? Must be before taxes. Pogba wants 12m net.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
That's almost 11m euros. Is this accurate? Must be before taxes. Pogba wants 12m net.

Yes.

Anguy is right about young players costing more because they simply have many more years on offer. Pogba however will cost a lot + apparently a lot in wages + we'll need to pay to get his image rights back. Is it worth it? IF that's all true then IMO, nope, and I want(ed) him here.

That doesn't mean it's a complete waste to pay high transfer fees though. Do anyone think Real Madrid fans are whining that James cost 80m? Nope. I bet they don't even give a shit about it, because he was simply worth it for what he has offered them in his first season and because of his age, 24. Got plenty of years to offer Real Madrid.

Last edited:

Morten

Well Walcott got 140k/week today. That's almost 7.5 mil./yr. POUNDS NOT EUROS........ THEO WALCOTT......... No wonder Pogba wants 12 mil. This inflation is crazy.

Thats like saying every good player should be sold for minimum 100 mill, just because Bale was.

khaled_a_d

I highly doubt we are gonna sign any midfielders next summer tbh .with Arda and Gerson we will probably be set in the midfield

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
Daily Express and Daily Star reports that Chelsea are ready to splash 100M pounds on Stones and Pogba, according to papers Abramovich are willing to pay 60M pounds for Pogba, Cuadrado or even Oscar could be included in the deal.

Adversus

Thats like saying every good player should be sold for minimum 100 mill, just because Bale was.

You know given the amount of money in football and the commercial potential of the very top clubs I wouldn't be surprised if the transfers for young players to all the top clubs start approaching that figure.

In a world were Utd can earn 600m for one commercial deal and potential player image rights coupled with the scarcity of the very top players financially it makes sense.

It's a crazy world for sure but at least the feeder clubs in football will earn more of a slice of the pie.

khaled_a_d

2 players who couldn't play in Barca and one who is questionable whether he could play in Barca.
Not too impressive...

Pedro has played a minimum of 45 games in the last six seasons in Barca . he really wasn't a "couldn't play in Barca" really
Cesc played a lot too but he was a bad fit along his 2nd half of the season problem .Pogba would be a question of fit not quality and even that is an argument
There is no question of fit for any of those under Mourinho ,all fit his system perfectly and he is one of the best coaches in the game .that team will be huge force for sure .huge balance too

Home of Barca Fans