Paul Pogba

Rory

Pogba just isn't a serious footballer. I think he wishes the season was 3 months long so he can put in a bit of effort and then just do what he wants. We don't need more passengers here on high wages.

If Xavi did say he doesn't want him due to Barca DNA then we have to question what Xavi believes this is. Sure it's probably a set of technical characteristics but I doubt it's set on physical characteristics. I imagine it's also players who will fight for barca with everything they have. That's what most pundits/ex players mean when talking about their club and wanting players that have [insert club name here] DNA. Here it's blown out of proportion to mean 11 Puig's on the pitch which is obviously what no one wants. Even Xavi lmao, he's barely played Puig.

behindbrowneyes

He is a Raiola-agent and we want something from him, so saying Pogba doesn't have Barca DNA sounds better than saying he is a lazy, arrogant prick and we don't want this type of player at the club. Pogba could be so much better if he was actually a hard-worker, but he didn't develop much since he got his move to United.

He has his days, but he is just another World-Cup winner rather in the tier of Dembele and Umtiti than Mbappe. Don't need another overpaid star who thinks of himself as god and not willing to go the extra mile. I'm tired of that mentality. We need hungry players.

Messi983

You are needlessly projecting 'Barca DNA' on it again. Pogba is just a horrible fit, another disguised #10.

And we know very well what kind of players Xavi asks for: wide wingers and strong 1v1 defenders. How does that fit in with 'Barca DNA'? Or his clear preference towards Araujo instead of Garcia?

tru

And Laporta also wants Haaland (we 99% won't get him but I think he'll do anything he can to get him) who is also far away from a Barca DNA player.

mc_lovin

tru

And Laporta also wants Haaland (we 99% won't get him but I think he'll do anything he can to get him) who is also far away from a Barca DNA player.

Yeah, it's kind of funny (or really sad). BBZ is beating a dead horse here. The way he sees things is just not what's happening in real life.

khaled_a_d

Pogba is one of the best players in his generation, nut sadly this is based on his raw talent more than his hard work.

Such a shame really, he could have been an all time great midfielder if he just cared.
It won't be the end of the world if we get him, his talent will be enough for him to make an impact.
But he will be vert frustrating to watch

Morten

Pogba is one of the best players in his generation, nut sadly this is based on his raw talent more than his hard work.

Such a shame really, he could have been an all time great midfielder if he just cared.
It won't be the end of the world if we get him, his talent will be enough for him to make an impact.
But he will be vert frustrating to watch

Nah, good as he is, he has flaws to his game that are not easily overcome.

vuji_31

He is still good for free.

If Laporta sells De Jong and gets Pogba for free I would not be mad.

He would bring something new to team. We have to many simular players.

And also marketing. We don't have any starboy.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

He is still good for free.

If Laporta sells De Jong and gets Pogba for free I would not be mad.

He would bring something new to team. We have to many simular players.

And also marketing. We don't have any starboy.

this would be terrible, we saw how bad he plays when it doesnt work at manu and this wont change if he comes to barca

MTL_Barca

Pogba was a very interesting player, that combination of technical skills and height/strength isn't seen often. Sort of like a midfield Zlatan lol.

But he made so little out of it, and never grew into a consistent player. Also generally there's always the problem of finding a role for attack minded midfielders, but i think this wouldn't be the biggest issue for him given his physique if he would actually work hard and know how to defend.

Expensive even for "free", another player thinking he is above hard work, no thanks.

Respekt_III

Anti-everything
Pogba was a very interesting player, that combination of technical skills and height/strength isn't seen often. Sort of like a midfield Zlatan lol.

But he made so little out of it, and never grew into a consistent player. Also generally there's always the problem of finding a role for attack minded midfielders, but i think this wouldn't be the biggest issue for him given his physique if he would actually work hard and know how to defend.

Expensive even for "free", another player thinking he is above hard work, no thanks.

Works hard for France though... so with he right coach eg a pep or klop he'd definitely be better. Id take him on a free as he has creativity unlike the rest of our Mids - would play him higher up the pitch though. Would swap out dembele with abde/depay/torres(if we get him) on occasion as well. It ends up with us being narrow but i see it as a much cheaper option than purchasing 2 more decent wingers. Can also potentially play 4-4-2 instead, either formations are not ideal but we'd need less $$$ to play them and be competitive imo. In theory this also allows FDJ to make those runs from deep without exposing us defensively.

-----Fati-Dembele
--------Pogba
-----Pedri-Gavi-FDJ
blade?-Eric-Arujo-dest/whoever

should clarify that it would have to be on reasonable wages so we actually have a chance of moving him on for cheap if it doesnt work out otherwise should steer well clear. So basically unlikely to happen anyway.

Last edited:

serghei

Pep and Klopp wouldn't touch someone like Pogba. Let's be real. This guy is a poorer Neymar of midfielders. His idea of football is two guardians on each side of him, think Matuidi and Kante, to do the defensive work and give the ball to him to bless the attackers with his magic wand.

Respekt_III

Anti-everything
Pep and Klopp wouldn't touch someone like Pogba. Let's be real. This guy is a poorer Neymar of midfielders. His idea of football is two guardians on each side of him, think Matuidi and Kante, to do the defensive work and give the ball to him to bless the attackers with his magic wand.

Sounds kinky.

I think klopp definitely would but we'll never truly know. There's also a reason i said id play him a bit more forward for the most part.

serghei

Sounds kinky.

I think klopp definitely would but we'll never truly know. There's also a reason i said id play him a bit more forward for the most part.

Doesn't cut it in a more advanced position for me. Because more advanced would be Kaka-like territory. Weak offensive numbers for that. He'd be a great midfielder if he wasn't so wasteful and undisciplined.

He should be like a more athletic De Bruyne, but De Bruyne is A LOT more of a team player. I've seen Pogba losing many balls with some fancy dribble and then expecting others to clean the mess. Not how it's done at Liverpool or City. Firstly, you don't fuck around in midfield trying to show people how many Zidane-like tricks you can make. You pass the ball quickly and speed the game whenever possible.

Home of Barca Fans