Paul Pogba

Laplacian

Pogba is now 29. This is his, or should be, his peak.

His greatest asset is his long passing for attacks. Where is he going to use his long passing at Barcelona? Zipping it back to Ter Stegen?

It's a no from me dawg.

Disagree. His greatest asset is dribbling, creativity, and goal scoring. Just look at his Juventus highlights.

man Utds biggest mistake is placing Pogba as a number 6 in a dysfunctional midfield with no defensive midfielders and tempo controllers.

Play him as an 8 or a 10 like he actually is, Zidane like role, and he will flourish.

Morten

Disagree. His greatest asset is dribbling, creativity, and goal scoring. Just look at his Juventus highlights.

man Utds biggest mistake is placing Pogba as a number 6 in a dysfunctional midfield with no defensive midfielders and tempo controllers.

Play him as an 8 or a 10 like he actually is, Zidane like tile, and he will flourish.

Not in tight spaces, he loses the ball quite a bit in midfield.

Porque

Play him as an 8 or a 10 like he actually is, Zidane like role, and he will flourish.

He is great at that with space but I think France make the most of his assets. And even then part of that is because the game is slower and lower quality. So yeah, he might be very good in Spain as he was in Italy as you mentioned since both leagues avoid breakneck pace.

I don't think we would mold our game around him though (Pedri is the chosen one for that - rightly or wrongly) and then we have the issue of Raiola and this being Pogba's last giant contract. Any ideas how much he is reportedly demanding? Rumours have been suprisingly quiet surrounding Pogba.

Now if we could go back in time and place Pogba in Luis Enrique's Barcelona. It could have been excellent.

Laplacian

He is great at that with space but I think France make the most of his assets. And even then part of that is because the game is slower and lower quality. So yeah, he might be very good in Spain as he was in Italy as you mentioned since both leagues avoid breakneck pace.

I don't think we would mold our game around him though (Pedri is the chosen one for that - rightly or wrongly) and then we have the issue of Raiola and this being Pogba's last giant contract. Any ideas how much he is reportedly demanding? Rumours have been suprisingly quiet surrounding Pogba.

Now if we could go back in time and place Pogba in Luis Enrique's Barcelona. It could have been excellent.

I don't think you would need to mould the team around him though, what Pogba needs is a functioning midfield with a defensive midfielder and a solid centre midfielder, things we desperately need with or without Pogba.

Pogba is the cherry on the top type of midfielder, I agreex but it doesn't mean he needs a bunch of stuff to succeed. His "attributes" are already extremely well rounded. He is physically and technically a complete midfielder, what let's him down is his mentality and motivation.

vegitot

I don't think you would need to mould the team around him though, what Pogba needs is a functioning midfield with a defensive midfielder and a solid centre midfielder, things we desperately need with or without Pogba.

Pogba is the cherry on the top type of midfielder, I agreex but it doesn't mean he needs a bunch of stuff to succeed. His "attributes" are already extremely well rounded. He is physically and technically a complete midfielder, what let's him down is his mentality and motivation.

Is he strong mentality enough to play for current Barca???

Temptation

Is he strong mentality enough to play for current Barca???

He's a perfect fit for Bartomeu's Barca being exceptionally overpaid, overrated, inconsistent and lazy af.

International Football is very different. It's much slower and suits these types of players.

Xhaka consistently looks like Pirlo for Switzerland. Shaqiri like Messi.

Pogba is a total wanker. United fans are sick and tired of him.

Do not let International Football fool you.

FinBarcelonafan

Very interesting. I wonder if Pep can handle Pogba. Mourinho couldn't. I doubt Pep can.

This will be the biggest success(for one or two seasons if he can focus) or huge failure imo. Pogba is toxic.

I would bet this signing being disaster. He will bench warmer for them rather quickly.

Home of Barca Fans