Paul Pogba

Bertus

If the reports are true it will be just 70 mil. And I believe we will be able to sell him, even if he doen't fit our style (I don't expect him to flop totally). So financially I don't see a big problem. But we still need to buy RB and pure CM.

Didn't read the source article but here how it was reported in french medias:

- 70M euros by installments + loan for a year.
- Or 80M euros if the ban is lifted before the summer mercato and he would come this summer, no loan.

Read a few comments on italian places tho, no one is believing Juve will sell him for only 70M and "by installments", or Sport doesn't take in account the enormous check Raiola will ask for himself.

Many cocky comments in this thread anyways. It's nowhere near done.

As for my personal opinion, it would be a great, great signing. That said, it hurts that it'd be a transfer for the 16-17 season. It doesn't resolve any problem nor add anything for the next season.

frog-fcb

Did he ever say that or is people just assuming that. Do you think he could really resist playing with messi neymar and suarez every weekend and taking on the challenge of filling the boots of a spanish legend and the famous no 6 jersey

Bertus

I don't see how Pogba would fit into the team and still hope PSG or whoever bids us out. 70m for a player we're not exactly looking for, sounds great, doesn't it.
I bet - in the case the transfer really happens - it won't be 70M but more.

That said, contrary to you, I'd be happy even if he signs for 100M.

Last edited:

Bertus

Did he ever say that or is people just assuming that. Do you think he could really resist playing with messi neymar and suarez every weekend and taking on the challenge of filling the boots of a spanish legend and the famous no 6 jersey
Say what?

G

Gasgas

Pogba is a very good passer and an excellent all round player. I dont get all the complaining here at all

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Was replying to interlop when he said koke doesnt want to come here

Hmmm...Well, he rejected an offer from us in Summer. Said it was a very difficult decision to say NO, but Atleti was the place he wanted to be.

frog-fcb

Hmmm...Well, he rejected an offer from us in Summer. Said it was a very difficult decision to say NO, but Atleti was the place he wanted to be.
Yea but last season athletico were champions an cl runners up last year he was most likely on a high from that also last year it would have been zubi carrying out negotiations with him.this year we would have some one more compotent dealing with that also now the thought of taking over from xavi could be a plus

Icarium

Lifestealer
70M?!... please don't sign him barca. At least if he flops we can get our money back because he is so young. But i want a player who fits the team well.

Last edited:

anguy

I bet - in the case the transfer really happens - it won't be 70M but more.

That said, contrary to you, I'd be happy even if he signs for 100M.

70M+ ONE SEASON for Juventus. Plus I believe we will be paying his (increased) wages.

Barcelonista

Lol Pogba wouldnt fit. Wake up guys. We are not playing Xavi type of football anymore. Pogba is a complete footballer and young,very young. I believe he can adapt to any system. Especially Luis Enrique's system.

anguy

Lol Pogba wouldnt fit. Wake up guys. We are not playing Xavi type of football anymore. Pogba is a complete footballer and young,very young. I believe he can adapt to any system. Especially Luis Enrique's system.

That's questionable. He is the strongest when playing near the goal behind forwards, likes to dribble and shoot. LE seems to prefer midfielders who play further back can also defend when Alba and ALves run forward (many times our 4-3-3 formation becomes 3-2-3-2 with DM between CBs and 2 CMs right in front of them) and are just feeding our forward trio with longer passes. We have a player with amazing long shot Rakitic, but how many long shots does he have this season? 5?

Sure Pogba can adapt, he is strong, fast, technical so he has the fundamentals, and he even played DM before, but to say he fits LE system is nonsense. He is exact opposite of this system midfielder right now :). So the possibility of him being flop in this system is higher than let's say Verratti, Koke or (fit) Gundogan.

frog-fcb

Would he fit in with our forwards especially messi. Would pogba be happy to supply the forwards or would he try do all himself

Home of Barca Fans