Paul Pogba

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
The only reason I wouldn't balk at 100m, especially if I'm Paris, is because Pogba is going to be an international star with stature rivaling that of Ronaldo and Messi once he comes into his prime. His marketability will be off the charts, and so he'll easily make back 10 fold for his club what they paid out for him once Nike and the likes get ahold of em.

What? Why? Based on what?

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
He won't go to RM, Riaola said some insulting comments about RM, I think it's clear that there is no interest from them.

I don't think that matters, this is business, and Raiola has been spotted leaving RM's hotel when they were in Turin :)

Bertus

Bertus, with all due respect, are you saying if we (not just Barca, PSG or any club) want a player we should simply surrender and pay the ridiculously high amount of money or just shut up?

This is why the transfer fees have skyrocketed so much to the point of absurdity. If we (all the big and elite clubs) do that, not only are we going to bankrupt ourselves, no middle or smaller team will be able to afford to buy any decent player.

No, he is saying that Pogba is for sale and Verratti isn't

^ pretty much this, Luft.

In details:
  • - Pogba is for sale and will be sold for more than 80M euros.
  • - Juventus is not rich.
  • - PSG is rich as fuck even taking in account the FFP.
  • - People come in, claiming pogba's fee is too high (it's an opinion, should be respectful about it)
  • - But then people go wild and say Barca should go for Verratti instead as if Verratti would be cheaper.
  • - PSG doesn't want to sell Verratti. That's one big important point. When you leave no doubt about that, his price tag goes up, not down.
  • - Therefore, Verratti would leave PSG for far more than Pogba's expected fee because he's simply not for sale.
  • - Add to that PSG's representatives who first say No to 70M when asked by the medias, and recently said "fuck no" to 100M when asked by the same medias.
  • - Pogba is a realistic target because he's for sale.
  • - Verratti is not unless you make an offer PSG can't refuse, and so far no one exactly knows what Qataries ceiling is because they always said no even when asked about crazy amount above what's asked for Pogba. Can be 150M, 200M, 250M or even more.

So, my post was about telling people to stop the nonsense when they try to imply we should go for verratti because Pogba is too expensive. It doesn't make any sense. Verratti would be far more expensive for the simple reason he isn't for sale and a player of a financially very powerful club, and his contract runs till 2019, pending renewal that can happen anytime leading him to be a psg player past 2020.

Last edited:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Yeah, I think we should never have any illusions of signing any PSG player, never, period. Forget about Verratti and move on.

Bertus

Yeah, I think we should never have any illusions of signing any PSG player, never, period.

Never said that. Please.

There's a difference in expecting to sign pastore who's contract ends next year, and signing Verratti who's contract ends in 2019.

And yeah, if people can't understand Verratti is more expensive than Pogba because of the above reason, then be it, can't do anything else if they don't want to face reality.

You can want to sign verratti all you want. I am not against it. I vote every time for verratti when we post polls about who we should sign, yet I'm down to earth. If people expect Barca to sign Verratti for 50M euros, then they should start reading some news and infos about PSG.

Gallivanter

Never said that. Please.

There's a difference in expecting to sign pastore who's contract ends next year, and signing Verratti who's contract ends in 2019.

And yeah, if people can't understand Verratti is more expensive than Pogba because of the above reason, then be it, can't do anything else if they don't want to face reality.

You can want to sign verratti all you want. I am not against it. I vote every time for verratti when we post polls about who we should sign, yet I'm down to earth. If people expect Barca to sign Verratti for 50M euros, then they should start reading some news and infos about PSG.

I don't disagree, but would point out that there are inherent values to players, values that are regardless of their contract situation. I like Verratti, quite a bit, but if all else were equal between him and Pogba, who would be valued higher?

Also, what club officials, from any club, say for public consumption isn't always the reality they are operating in.

T

Thanos

Pogba should be our main target. Even if we have to spend 90 million, he is totally worth it

Neymessi

You'll be the first to buy his jersey when comes

I always judge critically on any overhyped player before forming an opinion whether he really is that good or not.Pogba,is good,no doubt.But 90 million and you don't even know if he will click in barca.A no for me.

Home of Barca Fans