Pedro Rodriguez

maz

I walk the line
Three posts saying almost the exact same thing followed my post that tried to burst the hype-bubble.

But whatever, if you didn't refer to me it doesn't matter.

Sorry, didnt mean to give the slight patronising tone.

I wasnt referring to anyone in particular, just the general talk of people saying he isn't good enough to replace messi/messi etc. Because that's not what he is intended to be.

V

Valon

The thing is people dont realise that he is fulfilling his exact role yet people are critisising him. He isnt a guaranteed starter. He is someone that loves playing for the club, and can come in and fill in for whoever he is replacing. Not fill in with picking teams apart but fill in with goals. He is more than a squad player, but not a guaranteed starter. Once you realise that then you see how important he is to our team.

Exactly.

What hype bubble? All I see is people criticising him for not being the next Messi then you follow it up with something that looks like yet another criticism. Those who have praised him have done so based on the very real things he's accomplished so far this season.

Hate to say it again but exactly!

It's no hype at all, he's performing so of course he'll get praise.

beef-supreme

He's playing more and more each season, perfect squad role, Pedro contributes something that money couldn't buy. And I mean it. It would be impossible for Barcelona, or any other club, to 'buy a Pedro'. We tried doing it with Hleb and look how that turned out. Any external player would refuse to sit the bench like Pedrito does, and when needed he woulnd't come on with the same motivation and determination. However Pedro can be relied upon to start as well as to sub, he's humble and efficient too. He will get his minutes, by the end of the season he will have played a lot.

[FCB]Messi[10

He's playing more and more each season, perfect squad role, Pedro contributes something that money couldn't buy. And I mean it. It would be impossible for Barcelona, or any other club, to 'buy a Pedro'. We tried doing it with Hleb and look how that turned out. Any external player would refuse to sit the bench like Pedrito does, and when needed he woulnd't come on with the same motivation and determination. However Pedro can be relied upon to start as well as to sub, he's humble and efficient too. He will get his minutes, by the end of the season he will have played a lot.

+1 great post mate. Pedro wasn't brought to the main squad to replace Messi, he came to be used on the field when he needed to. And yes at the end of the season he will have played a lot of minutes and improved a lot in his game. He will probably end up with 13-15 goals at the end of the season, if he keeps playing and scoring like he is doing now.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom

And this is why right now I'm more excited by Pedro's progress than Bojan's 'progress'

Pedro will likely never take it to the star level but if our priority is to bring in a Di Maria/Silva/Robinho/whatever, we still need other options. Iniesta is still good on the left in certain situations but not all. Pedro has a great eye for the goal and is quick, he can be an excellent sub and alternative.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
1. pedro is 23, bojan is 19.
2. I wish pedro rhymed with goals.

Pedro wasn't hyped up as a major prospect and really only appeared when he was 21. It's not like time is running out for Bojan but the kid's confidence must be horrible, botching ones development regardless of age can leave mental scars.

Galning

I would love to sit on the bench in Barcelona. I mean it, if I would be a "normal" professional football player who could be a starter for a team like let's say Everton, Tottenham,... I would give up my spot and sit on the Catalan bench for sure.

Home of Barca Fans