Pedro Rodriguez

aki13

Sad for Pedro.

I really hope he can find some form as I love Pedro, he works so hard and was such a great scorer.

Again today looked out of sorts

Can't believe he hasn't scored since August. We need to lay one on a plate for him and get him going again.

misterplatin

Don't have to assess each and every game . Did you guys realize how well organized Atletico defense was. Even at the 90th minute they were playing with a BUS formation and maintained the same defensive shape.In my view their BUS was better than Chelsea's but our genius and luck won the game for us.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
I think he had an awful match once again... But once again, how can I complain when we won 4 - 1 against the toughest opposition in La Liga and little Pedro keeps giving his all...

footyfan

Calma, calma
Man Tito should just bench him. It's not the end of the world. Everyone's pointing to his work rate but generally I'm not seeing anyone on the opposition giving the ball away because of his pressuring. And we're also conceding way more than previous seasons, so much for defensive solidity. His contributions in attack have been really bad too. He had 1 good game vs Bilbao and that's been about it for the past 2-3 months.

lessthanjake

I think Pedro should be benched, and probably would be if we had someone else to play in the RW spot. At the very least, there should be SOME competition for this spot. Maybe put Adriano there, with Alves at right back? Maybe try giving Villa some minutes on the right?

karthik

He is one of those players whom we will miss, when we lose him. As long as the team is doing is fine, Im happy.

GiantKiller

Thing is, Pedro understands the system so well that even if he doesn't score you'll be sure that he provides something to the game. Probably why Tito keeps playing but it might change once Cuenca's back.

Also, belittling Pedro defensive work rate just because the team concedes more is :facepalm:

JonM

I don't think he's been bad at all this season. Sure he's not scoring but it's not like he has taken many shots either. And when he does, it's usually from a difficult angle and close to the GK. You also have to take into account that with the arrival of Alba and with Alves playing less, we're playing on the left side a lot more, especially when Alba, Iniesta and Alexis are on the pitch at the same time. So Pedro doesn't see much of the ball.

BerkeleyBernie

I don't think he's been bad at all this season. Sure he's not scoring but it's not like he has taken many shots either. And when he does, it's usually from a difficult angle and close to the GK. You also have to take into account that with the arrival of Alba and with Alves playing less, we're playing on the left side a lot more, especially when Alba, Iniesta and Alexis are on the pitch at the same time. So Pedro doesn't see much of the ball.

Agree. And when he does see the ball, he often has no support.

Pepe Silvia

Pedro had a horrible game. Not sure what's going on with him lately. Is it confidence? Is he not fully fit? Distracted? I don't even recognize him anymore. Pretty fed up with his performances. I'll say this again, yes in La Liga we are a force, but in Europe if we can't manage to find the back of the net with players not named Messi, we will suffer like we did against Chelsea. We need to have scoring options up front, and just because Cesc and Adriano and even Alba to an extent are scoring that shouldn't be considered as forward options, those are just bonuses. We need stability and confidence up front. All chips are on Messi and that is dangerous with Tello, Alexis, and Pedro not playing clinical football. Hope this changes.

Home of Barca Fans