Pedro Rodriguez

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Nope. He looks to be in front.
Either way it's a very close call and far from labeling it a "robbery".

F

Flavia

Nope. He looks to be in front.
Either way it's a very close call and far from labeling it a "robbery".

That's probably the angle, to me he's clearly behind it. That's not a straight angle.

Those close calls could've been costly, and I've seen them too many times. Ref in la liga need to improve asap. 3 bad calls from one linesman: 1 goal allowed that was offside, and 2 disallowed that were not. After last season, I'm glad there's a confortable cushion this time.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah but anyway, it's beside the point.
Point is, there's no reason to get worked up over close calls. I am first to say we've been treated worse than Madrid over last few years but let's not jump at every little thing. Not worth the hassle.

GiantKiller

In that video, it appears to me as if it's only his left arm that's beyond the ball line. So, since no part of his body that could be used to touch the ball is on the wrong side, I'd say that he's onside. Refs should be getting it right but the margin of error doesn't seem big enough for it to be labelled as a howler.

Edman

Can't really blame the linesman for this one though. I think, sometimes, football fans forget the refs are just people and not supercomputers. Take this situation, for example. Even with the slow motion video there is still discussion about whether it was offside or not. It's a result of not allowing the use of video replays. So if you want to blame anyone, blame FIFA.

footyfan

Calma, calma
Being a linesman is in every way more difficult than being a footballer.

The pay is lesser, the job is harder and they get more hate...sometimes I wonder if they're masochists :)

89Norcal

Can't really blame the linesman for this one though. I think, sometimes, football fans forget the refs are just people and not supercomputers. Take this situation, for example. Even with the slow motion video there is still discussion about whether it was offside or not. It's a result of not allowing the use of video replays. So if you want to blame anyone, blame FIFA.

Yup good point. All it would take is having an assistant with an earpiece sitting behind a monitor who can quickly rewind play. Then correct the linesman, just like the referee does when talking to his assistants. It would only take 10 or so extra seconds.

Home of Barca Fans